My Lovely Followers

Saturday 29 March 2014

I Love Paris in the Springtime

Morning everyone!  It's a miserable grey day here, but it's the weekend and we can all relax and get some crafting in!

I'm here today with my very last (sob) card as GDT for Kraftin' Kimmie.  I've had such a marvelous time guesting for them and all the girls have been so fantastic and supportive (not to mention fun and crazy) and I will really miss them all, but I have so many things crammed into my diary for the next few months, so I'm trying not to take on more than I can cope with and end up whimpering under my craft desk lol.

Anyway enough of my drivel and on to the challenge!

This week our hostess with the mostest is KAREN !! And her challenge is SPRING HAS SPRUNG!! So create a card, scrapbook page or altered item with a Kraftin’ Kimmie Stamp that features spring in some way!! Have some krafty fun and join us this week!!

I took a slightly different take on the Spring has Sprung theme, at this time of year there's a fair few Spring/Easter themes going on and I could have gone with flowers or eggs/bunnies etc, but I have already done some like that and for some reason this stamp 'Michele' always makes me hum the song 'I love Paris in the springtime' and I'd been sent this lovely Spring collection in my DT pack from Dies to Die for and then I found this little button in my stash with the title of the song...and just like that the inspiration for my card was born.


I've added links to the products I've used at the end of my post, apart from the buttons and bling which were from my stash. For once I decided not to add any flowers or lace or ribbon....my card feels naked!  But they just didn't really work with the layout, believe me I tried lol. The sentiment and postcard comes from the same collection as the paper, it's almost like a card in a bag.


I coloured Michele in in Copics, with quite strong colours to match my papers,


popped an Eiffel Tower dies cut behind her and finished off the card with this beautiful butterfly.

Now check out the wonderful creations by the Krafty Girls and special Krafty Guests featuring this week’s challenge!! We’re sure you’ll be inspired!! Then join us, play along and you could WIN!!

Well that's if for today, I'll be back tomorrow with my DT card for Totally Tilda and it's very different from my usual cards, but I'll let you see for yourself, take care and enjoy your weekend! : ) x x






8 comments:

  1. Hi my sweetie I soooooooo love this card, love the fab papers & image the colours are just lush. They are sure to miss you even more hun, you are super talented. Its grey here too but like you say its the weekend wooo hoooo. Hope you have a good one shug.

    Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely cool, Linda, LOVE this Paris theme. I've never been there, but I hope I will someday. Lovely spring colors and I really like this stamp, she's so in style! Have a great weekend!
    Anna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Spring colours, those papers are so pretty. Love the layout and that button, as you said, was made for the card. Hope the weather changes for you, but enjoy your weekend anyway and look forward to seeing what you have for us tomorrow.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, sorry you have miserable weather there, I wish I could send you some of our sunshine!
    Your card is gorgeous, I love the image, such wonderful colouring and beautiful papers too with your usual beautiful detailing. I especially LOVE that butterfly!
    I hope you enjoy the rest of the weekend.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a wonderful card! Love your design (again). The eiffel tower and the butterfly fits perfectly with your gorgeous design.
    Hope you have a lovely weekend.
    hugs
    Gina x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a fabulous image Linda and so many gorgeous layers. Love the Eiffel Tower.
    Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
    Hugs Sharon. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card as always Linda, thanks for stopping by my blog, hugs Teresa xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovin your French Theme! You have some great French Embellies and the Perfect Image!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx