My Lovely Followers

Wednesday 26 March 2014

Coco, Wonderful Wednesday for Kraftin' Kimmie

Good afternoon everyone. I'm still on my hols at the mo so posting this live today. It's Wednesday and  I'm sharing my GDT card for Kimmie's Wonderful Wednesday challenge.  These are always Anything Goes challenges,  your submission must use at least one Kraftin' Kimmie Stamp but can be any theme, any style, any design and it can be a card, a scrapbook page, an altered item....you name it!! 
It must be a NEW creation and you can enter until Tuesday, April 1st when the winner for March will be announced!! What do you think.....wanna WIN??

**Please note that you are more than welcome to combine this Wonderful Wednesday Share to Win challenge with other challenges, BUT not our regular weekly challenges. This must be a new and different creation than anything you create for our Saturday challenges.

I decided to go with Coco Chocolate as I've been dying to use her and Tracy from Dies to Die for had sent me this delicious pack of paper full of reds pinks and chocolate browns, just perfect for this image I thought.
It's a simply fabulous pack, because not only do you get lots of strokeable double sided designs, you also get 2 pages of stickers! I've used some of the little word stickers to make my sentiment, but Coco does also come with it's own fabulous sentiment if you prefer to use a stamped one.  I've put links to the products I've used from the UK at the end of my post.


I coloured her with my Copics, I used E13, E11, E00, E000 for her skin, R81, R83, R85, R35, R37 and R59 for her outfit and so many different bown tones for her hair and the chocolates that I forgot to list them as I was working, mostly from the E20s and E50s, but also a couple from the E30s. For the white chocolate I used E50, E41 and E42.


The frame for the sentiment is a Tim Holtz book plate, I love using these but you do need a fairly solid card base to use them like this, as they're pretty heavy. The lovely pearl and diamante embellishment is from the Handcrafted Card Company, the pearl was cream, but I coloured it with my Copics to match.


I layered up some brown tulle (which I gathered by hand) which was a pressie from a friend, (thank you Susie!) with some pale pink lace, red satin ribbon and thin brown velvet ribbon, these were all leftovers from other cards that I've had in my stash for ages now. I had to use lots of glue and tape to hold all this lot down lol.


I finished the whole lot of with some die cut flourishes and some pearls and gems and then decorated the inside to complement the front, the picture isn't great I'm afraid, it was very hard to get the light in there when I took it.
Don't forget that Alyce from Kit & Clowder is doing a live colour along with Kraftin' Kimmie's Hannah Hearts this Saturday. Unfortunately Hannah appears to out of stock right now, but if you managed to snap her up we hope to see you at the live colour along...and wouldn't she look perfect on this card too?

Well that's all from me today, I'm off to my crafting corner to get as much as I can done today, it's back to work for me tomorrow *boo!* but then only 2 days till the weekend *yay!*.  I'll be back here on Saturday to share my last GDT card for Kraftin' Kimmie with you.
Until then, happy craftin' !! : ) x x





5 comments:

  1. Thanks Linda, that's started my cravings for chocolate and I was being so good up until now, lol :)
    She looks gorgeous on those background papers, they are very lush. A beautiful combination of colours and details - very decadent and rich I'm not surprised that you wanted to keep some back to stroke.
    Hope you enjoyed your little break from work and got plenty of crafting time.
    Hugs,
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! This is wonderful Linda. The gorgeous papers and colours you have picked to go with that fab image are prefect. I love ALL your detailing especially the ribbon with the lace and gathered tulle.
    Enjoy the rest of your day.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda This I Is Fab Of And Those Papers So Perfect For The Saucer Image.Love It. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me again having a bit of a catchup lol. This card I could just eat its that yummy. I am absolutely loving all the delicious colours & textures..........mmmmmmmmmmm everything sweetie.

    Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another beautifully designed card! Love the richness of the colours and all the gorgeous embellies!
    Hugs
    Gina x

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx