My Lovely Followers

Tuesday 29 April 2014

Summer Fairy at Dies to Die for

Good morning and Happy Tuesday to you! I'm here with my Tuesday post for Dies to Die for.  If you popped in on me yesterday, my creation today is just about as different as you can get.  It's not very often that I use really bright colours, but these papers just cry out to be used and hey, she's called Summer Fairy after all. Besides, the last time I used her I coloured her in black & white with just a hint of pink, so it was nice to do her in colours this time.

The papers are a mix of 2 different MME pads, links to products can be found at the end of my post as always. The quality of these papers is lovely to work with.



I coloured her with Copics which are think are the best choice for bright colours and decided to get funky with her hair.  Her hair is absolutely wonderful to colour up, such fun!



Skin: E0000, E000, E00, E11, R20, R11
Hair: BG10, BG11, BG23, BG57, BG18
Clothing: YR20, YR23, YR24
Wings: YR20, YR23, R11, R12, R20, BG 10, BG11, BG23


I didn't over embellish as the papers were bright and busy, just a few flowers and some MME brads in the corners. I finished off with a bow from a scrap of ribbon from my scraps box and popped a little Prima bling on the top. The sentiment is from Whimsy and is cut with a matching die. Lastly I added a flurry of tiny butterflies cut with a Memory Box die.


I decorated the inside as usual with papers to complement the front.

Well that's all from me today, don't forget to sign up for my blog candy here if you haven't already, there's just over 2 weeks now till I draw a winner, and I'll see you all next time.

Enjoy your day! : ) x x 






10 comments:

  1. WOW! This is gorgeous Linda. She is such a pretty image. Your colouring looks wonderful, I especially love her hair. I love the papers, fabulous layout and the top stitching in contrasting colours works so well.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda! I'm sorry I've been mia lately, but it's only now that I have some free time. For the last couple of weeks work's been crazy! But I did keep my eyes on your creations via FB. ;) He he.

    Anyways, this one is veeeery beautiful! Your coloring is spectacular and you have great eye for details. Stunning card!

    Hugs! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the hair! And those vivid colors - perfect, Linda. :)
    Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow these colours Stunning and you have matched them perfectly! Where do you get your AMAZING IDEAS! Love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, yes different style for you but you nailed it again.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love it!!! Her hair looks amazing in those colours and the papers are gorgeous!! A wonderful design too!
    Hugs
    Gina x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow this card is simply stunning love the colour of her hair very striking.
    ~ Denise ~
    {Denise's Patch of Creativity}

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is simply stunning, your coloring is awesome and i like the different haircolor very much. So many Details all over the card....just great.

    have a nice day
    Love, Dunja x

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx