My Lovely Followers

Monday 28 April 2014

Steampunk Marci - Gothic Style at La-La Land

Goooood Morning everyone! A big welcome to my newest followers, thank you so much for joining me and I hope I continue to provide you with some inspiration from week to week.

Apologies for my absence this weekend, I would normally have been here on Sunday with my Totally Tilda post and hopping through your blogs leaving some love, but my lovely daughter was visiting from London this week as she was delivering some training in Leeds, Manchester and Liverpool, so my free time was spent with her instead of crafting and I had a mad rush to catch up with makes this Sunday.

Anyway on to the reason I'm here today, and that's to share my inspiration post for La-La- Land Crafts, I'm soooooo enjoying my guest spot on their design team, this first month has been SO much fun, and lucky me I have another month to go!

The theme this week is Dies Galore, not a difficult one for me, I do love me a die or several!

Now I have to say that the photos are not the best, I love the way this looks in real life but it honestly does not photograph well, I tried different sorts of  lighting, positioning etc and this was the best I could manage , it's such a shame. Anyhoo, enough whining and let's get to sharing, poor as the colours are.

I decided to take a bit of a Gothic twist to Steampunk Marci here and used these fabulous papers from Prima, from a 6 x 6 pack called Cartographer, they were just perfect with the maps and hot air balloons and stuff.  I decided to go with the whole sepia and black colour scheme and just added some red for a pop of colour.  I've popped the links to items from stockists in the UK at the end of my post.


I wanted to keep the whole vintage sepia look going so coloured her up with my copics in Ws, using E30 for a sepia 'wash' and R59, 46 and 20, for some red accents to match in with the background. Unfortunately the colours are not really showing quite right in the photos, and Marci is looking a little green in the face, I wonder if she's airsick? lol

Obviously lots of dies for the theme, I used the following La-La Land Crafts dies:


I also used some smaller gears cut with a Cheery Lyn die, and some metal cogs from Hobby House.


This phot will give you a better idea of the layers, I thought this looked pretty good in a deep box frame and I'll be finding space for this on my wall somewhere. I've had these brads that look like screws for a long time now, but I cannot remember where I got them from, just that they're by Tim Holtz.
The sentiment is from a Steampunk Travels set by Whimsy Stamps. It's cut with a Whimsy slider die and I popped a couple of small rolled roses on either side to cover the slider holes.
For those of you wanting to make a framed picture like this, the frame is from Ikea and they also do it in white.  It has a glass front, I just took that out for the photograph to avoid the glare.


Well that's all from me today, don't forget to pop over the the Blog to see the rest of the team's makes, they are really terrific, fabulous and creative use of dies.
If you use Facebook, you can join the Group page and share your wonderful creations with us!

Have fun everyone and if you haven't signed up for my blog Candy, you still have 17 more days to enter!
Take care and I'll see you here tomorrow with my regular Dies to Die for post. : ) x x




14 comments:

  1. Oh wow this is just stunning Linda. Awesome colouring and I love dimension on all the layered elements.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous and fantastic Linda just love what you have done love the dies image and fabulous colour's
    Hugs Dianne xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, wow, wow!!! Amazing I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! If your photos don't do this justice then it must look even more amazing in real life! The adorable image is coloured perfectly and I LOVE all your fantastic detailing.
    I am pleased you had a good weekend making the most of your time with your daughter.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, wow, wow, this is totally gorgeous!! The colours are stunning and the design is out of this world!!
    Hugs
    Gina x

    ReplyDelete
  6. omgosh this is just awesome Linda! I absolutely love it!!
    huge hugs Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well I'm speechless, no actually I have lots to say about this gorgeous work of art. Each time you post something new on your blog you up the anti and create a new and wonderful masterpiece, this is absolutely stunning! I love the subject first of all, (just look at my blog background), your image and colouring, the details and layers. You must feel so pleased with how it all came together.
    Hugs,
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG AMAZING! I looooove Steampunk and this is TOTALLY AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have to admit that I am not really crazy about steampunk thingies or black colour. However, you managed to combine both of these and still make a project that wowed me. Love it!!!! Hugs! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fabulous background for this cute image. Love all your deails.
    Thanks for sharing with us at FSC
    Avril

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely AWEsome! I would love to own this piece! You have taken a "cute" image and made it elegant and sophisticated, intricate and absolutely engaging! I am so glad you framed it and you are keeping it! Thank you so much for sharing your stunning project & amazing creativity at our house!
    ~ginny, DT for 613 Ave Create:
    #69 ATG
    RubberMAD (GettyCollection.com)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I TOLD you your project is AWESOME! You are a winner over at 613 Ave C!
    ~ginny
    RubberMAD

    ReplyDelete
  13. and sprockets and screws and silver! Lovely creation for our S challenge just finished over on the Quirky Crafts Blog! Thank you so much for joining in! Winners will be posted later...
    ((Lyn)) DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! Your project is amazing! I love Steampunk, but can't get it to work for me. You did it and more! Thanks for the inspiration! Congrats on winning 2nd place at Quirky Crafts! Karen-Guest Designer: QK

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx