My Lovely Followers

Thursday 3 April 2014

Pirate Avery

Morning lovely folk of the world.  I am having a fabulous week this week, but I'm very much looking forward to my weekend.

I'm out of my normal posting schedule today because some time ago I was asked by Christine from The Paper Nest Dolls to guest design for a day and make a card for them.

I chose this cute little pirate and almost right away I knew I wanted to create some kind of nautical scene with her (duh!) and when I spotted the new Pion papers well the mojo was well and truly flowing :)

So this is what I made with Pirate Avery and the beautiful Shoreline Treasures.


Really these papers made my job so easy, they have so many elements to choose from, I decided to make one of the 6 x 6 designs into a porthole.  The footprints are from the borders page.  I thought the jute worked very well to give the feel of some rigging.


I cut out a couple of tags from the elements sheet, backed them with card, trimmed with seam binding and some charms (the bird in the cage is supposed to be a parrot of course ; )  ), and tucked them behind a layer.


Here's a closer look at the tags, love the little helmsman's wheel charm.


I used another of the 6 x 6 designs to decorate the inside, this one has plenty of blank space to write a message.


Love the big compass I popped under the 'porthole'.

Well that's it from me today,. thank you Christine for asking me to play with your Dolls and I'll be back next week with my regular posts and some exciting news!

Until then, have fun and enjoy the weekend! 





38 comments:

  1. WOW! This is gorgeous Linda. Such a sweet image and I love the way you have used those fabulous papers to make a scene for her. All your detailing looks amazing too.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Wow, there are plenty of nautical elements on this card Linda. I love Avery and you have really captured the feel of the sea on this card.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow Linda, it's great!!
    I love it!
    francesca

    ReplyDelete
  4. stunning!!! thank you so much . hugsssss

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pirate is adorable, your card is just beautiful! I love the design of your card.
    Big hugs,
    Cristi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this one! I am a huge fan of Priates! hehehe :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. so funny to see you as a doll, your work is stunning as always, girl :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous! Love it all coloring is amazing!
    Lori Ann.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Linda this is STUNNING! Love your beautiful design, so much thought has gone into it! Your colouring is simply beautiful too!
    Hugs
    Gina x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Linda, fantastic, I love it..going to have to try this myself..Love Christine's stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome details on the card. You do amazing work and I totally love what you did with The Paper Nest Stamp. Amazing Work!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is Gorgeous!!! LOVE your creation and all the details on it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Es un trabajo maravilloso el que has realizado, cada detalle es exquisito. Felicidades!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. beautiful work, I love pirates, so fashionable now for our girls, thank you for this beautiful idea

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely Gorgeous, beautiful work! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. ESTA PRECIOSO TE FELICITO GRACIAS POR TU INSPIRACION. BENDICIONES

    ReplyDelete
  17. So cute!! I love it. You're great!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabiola Colmenares3 April 2014 at 20:31

    Hola Linda un placer conocerte y dese luego conocer lo que haces, el trabajo que has realizado con la pirata de The Paper Nest te quedo extraordinario.Felicitaciones

    ReplyDelete
  19. Linda, I love your style and the colors that you use. Your work is totally beautiful. Thank you for sharing your talent!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hermoso trabajo... Felicidades

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh!! is really really beautiful! I love the little footprints!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. what a wonderfull card, love the digi and the colors

    ReplyDelete
  23. oh wow! This is so an awesome job!! Congratulations and thank you for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Me encanto! Preciosos detalles y combinación! Cada decoración un lujo a combinar con el Tag felicitaciones!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Me encanta! es una preciosidad de proyecto :)
    Besos desde España!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Perfect Collection of goodies that went Soooo well with your Theme! Love the card! Have a Great Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Amazing work!! Love your coloring, and layout!
    Hugs Eva

    ReplyDelete
  28. Muy lindo y dedicado trabajo haces, te felicito!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh wow Linda, this is just so creative. I especially love the sea pic in the circle.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is so lovely Linda - great details and lovin' the texture!

    ReplyDelete
  31. This is sooooooooooo utterly fabulous I think this needs to come home with me you know.......I so love all the details you have added shug........FANTASTIC!!

    Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  32. Ok, I have to admit that I'm not really all that crazy about pirates (btw, captian Jack Sparrow doesn't fit in the "not so keen about pirates category" - I think he is awesome! :P). Howeverm that being said, I think your pirate card is awesome! Really, it is! Love it! Hugs! xx

    ReplyDelete
  33. FABULOUS..love this..fantastic layout Linda..love the details and colouring..superb.

    luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx