My Lovely Followers

Monday 21 April 2014

La-La-Land New Release Showcase - Day 1

Happy Monday!  I'm so VERY excited to be with you here today as part of the Team Monday DT, because we're showcasing the new release over at La-La Land Crafts, and lucky ol' me gets to be a part of it!!

I've been busting at the seams with excitement ever since I saw the new images and when the new dies arrived on my doormat....well it's been so hard to keep everything secret, but today and tomorrow I get to share them with you.

Well enough of my chat and ramble, and on with what I'm here for.

  Today I'm showcasing the Small Hinged Trinket Box kit.  I can tell you that this baby is VERY easy to put together. I used my usual Collall glue to stick it, I love this because it's very strong once it's dried, but it stays moveable for a time, so you do get a little wiggle room.  Also...I don't own a fancy electronic machine like a Sillhouette or Cameo etc, so you do NOT need one of these or be able to use SVGs to cover and decorate these projects.  I simply placed the pieces on my DP and cut around with my craft knife and gave a finishing polish with some sand paper once it was glued on.   

Items used.

This is what I made with it.


This Marci is so cute, she comes with sentiments and a little tea set too, but there wasn't room to fit it all on the box.  
 I coloured her with my distress inks.
Skin: Tattered Rose, Tea Dye,
Vintage Photo
Hair: Black Soot
Clothing & Flowers: Dusty Concord, Wild Honey, Pumice stone
The lace effect around the oval is actually 3 Scallop Border dies which I cut into so I could bend them around and then removed the extra piece to fit. The glitter on her dress which the camera has only just picked up is Glamour Dust mixed into some Rock Candy Crackle Paint and painted on carefully with a brush. Sadly the texture hasn't been picked up by the camera but it does give a lovely effect.


The lovely papers are Maja Design from the Fika collection, perfect for these projects because they're a really nice weight. I edged all the papers with Distress Ink in Walnut Stain and also all the edges of the box before I stuck them on, I then inked them once more once they were dry.
 The little lock is from Tim Holtz and I used some flat backed pearls for interest around the sides.


I decorated the inside with co-ordinating papers and added a little lace trim to finish. It's perfect as a little jewellery box, I've filled this one with all my special bling that goes on my best cards.


Want to see more of the new releases? Well here you go!

Aren't they fab?!

Well that's all from me today, do pop over to the blog to check out the rest of the team's makes...they are AMAZING!
If you have Facebook or Twitter you can also follow all the action there and for Pinterest addicts there's also a Pinterest page

If all that wasn't enough excitement for you, we have more to come tomorrow from Team Monday and for the week from the rest of the talented DT girls and also you still have a bit more than 3 weeks to enter my sweet candy giveaway here.

I'll be back tomorrow with my regular Dies to Die for post and also more from the new La-La Land Crafts release..YAY!!  So don't miss it, the new stuff is just so cool :) xx





6 comments:

  1. Oh wow Linda, this is just a stunning little project. Your colouring, distressing and attention to detail is amazing.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see why you are so excited by this new release Linda! Your trinket box is stunning. I love the pretty papers you have used and adorable image with the added sparkle. All your detailing is totally gorgeous too.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well Linda, no wonder you were bursting to tell us all about this - it's absolutely stunning! Very pretty papers you have used and Marci looks adorable in her kimono, beautifully coloured. I love the finishing touches and details you have added to this cute box too.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this project and my favourite colours too, beautifully embellished xx
    ~ Denise ~
    {Denise's Patch of Creativity}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow this is a fabulous creation!!Beautiful colours and gorgeous design!! Love the inside and out.
    Hugs
    Gina x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a sweet little box. Very nice.
    Hugs! xx

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx