My Lovely Followers

Tuesday 15 April 2014

Mimosa - Summer Wind at Dies to Die for

**BLOG CANDY ALERT**
I have some very nice goodies that I'm giving away here, so don't forget to visit and sign up before you leave.

Happy Tuesday everyone!  Are you almost ready for Easter? I'm really not lol, I have so much still to do, but at least I'm up to date with all my DT work.  Anyhoo....on to the reason I'm here, which is of course my regular inspiration post for Dies to Die for.  This week I've used one of the sweet little Mimosa stamps from Bildlamarna, and normally I colour up these cuties with my Distress Inks, but I thought for  change I'd use my copics.  I rather like the way she turned out. Links to products used are as always at the end of my post.


Colours used

Skin: E11, 00, 000, 0000, R20, 11
Hair: E00, 11, 13, 15, 18
Clothes: RV000, 91, 93, 95, B000, 00, C2, E50, 51, 53
Basket and flowers: B000, 00, RV91, 93, 95, E41, 42, 44


I used these gorgeous papers from Pion, and I believe that they've now been discontinued, so best snap them up from Tracy while you still can...I must admit I'm very sad that I won't be able to get this range in the future as it's one of my favourites.  I do hope they plan on replacing it with something similar, because while the A Day in May range is drop dead gorgeous, it doesn't have the range of colours that this collection has.  Luckily for me I still have various sheets in my stash. I inked the edges and then sewed them with top stitch thread.


I used some lovely La-La Land and Die-namics die cuts and this rather lush Prima flower, though I was rather mean to it an pulled out the centre and replaced it with one of my rolled rose ones. I finished off with this fab sentiment from Whimsy, cut with a matching die, a little stamp cut from the element sheet to match the papers used, a couple of stick pins and some liquid pearls.

Well that's all from me for today and I get a bit of a break to get ahead with my crafting, and enjoy my holiday, as it's almost a week till I'll be back with my GDT inspiration for La-La Land crafts, and don't miss it because it's all about the new release and OH MY the new stuff is just soooooooo cool!

Enjoy your Easter everyone! : ) x x




6 comments:

  1. Wow Linda I don't know how you fit it all in. Work, family, a home to run and these gorgeous creations which must take hours to stitch, design and colour. You must be very organised and self disciplined. Lots of details as always and beautiful colouring look forward to next weeks DT inspiration. Happy Easter!
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Linda. Your colouring of that sweet image is wonderful. I LOVE those Pion papers and such beautiful detailing too.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is soooo beautiful Linda! Love the colour palette and you have coloured her so beautifully!Fabulous design and layout too!
    Have a lovely Easter.
    Hugs
    Gina x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these stamps I have a few but haven't coloured them up yet! Next job! Looove her coloured in Copics and all your Beautiful Diecuts compliment Beautifully! Have a Great Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow Linda, this is such a beautiful little piece of art. Just adore your amazing colouring and edge sewing.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet, adorable and cute. All in one. :) Fab work! Hugs! xx

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx