My Lovely Followers

Tuesday 3 May 2016

Pion Scent of Lavender

Hello lovely crafters. It's the start of a new challenge over at Deep Ocean Challenge and the theme is

Flowers Everywhere

Not a hard one for me as you probably guessed, I do love a flower or 2 or 10 on my cards lol

Recently I was asked by a work colleague to make a card for her friend who is turning 60.
Making cards for people you don't know can be difficult, particularly with a stamped image. So I decided to make a shabby chic number using Pion Design's new Scent of Lavender Collection and lots of scrummy flowers.


I distressed my layers, inked them with Milled Lavender DI and sewed the top layer with pale pink top stitch thread.


Some dies, double cut to look like chipboard, and plenty of cheesecloth gave the effect I was looking for. I popped a loose bow of seam binding behind my flower arrangement. I gave my layers, die cuts and flowers a light brushing of gesso.


I painted this Tim Holtz hardware with a little gesso, before sprinkling with some aged ivory frantage and heating. Love this effect! I finished with a die cut butterfly in the corner and a few flat backed gems.

I used the following Ribbon Girl products

Mauve Rose Lavender Vintage Seam Binding
Ivory White Magnolia Flower
Daisy Pale Pink (inked with distress inks)
Apple Blossom Mixed Pastels (inked with distress inks)
20 mm Ivory Open Rose
Cream Hip Rose Buds
5 mm Flat Back Gems

I hope you like my make for today and that you can join in with our challenge
you could win this lovely prize



from our sponsor

http://www.liveandlovecrafts.com/

I'll see you all next time!

4 comments:

  1. A very pretty combination of papers, die-cuts and embellishments on this card Linda. I love the lavender shades and shabby style too, this is gorgeous.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful card, Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lush! Love the design and all the beautiful embellishments.
    Hugs
    Gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have done such Amazing work on this card and no image I bet you found that difficult!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx