My Lovely Followers

Monday 7 March 2016

Distress Ink Colouring Tutorial 5 - Adding Detail to Hair

Hi everyone, I hope you had a good weekend, and for Mother's in the UK, I hope you had a great Mother's Day.

Today I'm bringing you part 5 of my Distress Ink Colouring Tutorials and this one is about adding detail, texture and definition to hair, using the pen nib end of the distress ink marker.

This is a completely optional step, but one that I often do.

So after we add the detailing your image should look something like this
(apologies for the poor quality of the picture, I didn't have time to take one before scheduling this post, so I just lifted one from the video. I'll add a better quality photo tonight when I get in from work)



 The video will take you through it step by step, or you can visit the YouTube video directly, by clicking on the link here.



I hope you find this video helpful, I have more video tutorials to share with you in the following weeks, including colouring black hair on Canson Montval paper, colouring clothing, and how I make one of my cards (including a speed clolouring of the image), from start to finish.

I also plan on making videos on colouring curly hair, animals and backgrounds.

Thanks for taking the time to visit me today and if you don't already follow me I would love it if you would do so and not miss any of my posts.

See you soon! :) xx


9 comments:

  1. Awww... your attention to any little shadow is breathtaking.... Wonderful!
    Thanks for the videotutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful tutorial Linda! Your colouring is exceptional!
    Hugs
    Gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is gorgeous Linda and loved your tutorial. You have inspired me to buy her but she is no longer available. The finishing touches to the hair make the image really pop.
    Have a lovely week.
    Hugs Sharon . x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sharon, she is still available but only as part of a bundle. You can find her here https://saturated-canary.myshopify.com/products/new-years-2015-special-bundle :) xx

      Delete
  4. Linda thank you very much for sharing your talent for colouring, you are very kind, Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Linda!
    I always love to watch your videos, so inspiring! Your coloring if breathtaking! I am very much inspired by your videos and try to coloring, but needs lots of more practice. Would love to share with you, i used one of the images from the candy pack and felt so happy to color, I used Distress markers ! Kindly visit my blog and see at http://madewithlovencare.blogspot.in/2016/03/1st-dt-creation-for-dcs.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have had some inquires on the Tutorial I used so I have sent them over. Cann't wait for the next one!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx