My Lovely Followers

Friday 11 March 2016

Vintage Wedding Card


Hi everyone, I hope you all had a good week. Mine was good but very busy at work so I'm looking forward a relaxing weekend of crafting lol.

Every so often I take on a commission, usually from a friend. I don't do this as a regular thing because I dislike crafting to order in the main, but sometimes they line up with something I want to try/do and then if I have time I take them on. Recently a friend of mine at work asked me for a Wedding card and a Ruby Anniversary card, no rush.  Well I had something in mind and was feeling quite inspired, so I made them both last weekend.

Today I'm sharing the Wedding card with you, and sometime later I'll post the Ruby Wedding one.

It's fairly unusual for me to make a card without an image to colour, but as those who have followed me for a while will know, occasionally I like to dabble in a bit of vintage style with no stamped image. This one today doesn't even have a vintage photo or drawing! But with wedding stamps it can be hard to find something to suit, so a card without an image makes things easier.


I inked all my edges with Walnut Stain distress ink, and sewed my base by hand.


I used some wonderful Pion Papers from the Vintage Wedding collection (I used some 12 x 12 from my stash but the 6 x 6 designs would  work equally as well), 3 dies and some gorgeous embellishments from The Ribbon Girl


The sentiment is also cut from the Pion Papers. 


I really enjoyed making this card and while I will never abandon my colouring, I think I will make a few more of these types of card. I find them fun to make and they are super quick in comparison to my other cards, and it seems there are always weddings and anniversaries to make cards for!

Have a lovely day :) xx


6 comments:

  1. Your Wedding card is so pretty with it's beautiful flowers, gorgeous distressed and stitched layers and wonderful sentiment, all created in this vintage style. I love it!
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful wedding card! Love the colour tones and gorgeous papers! The flowers and embellishments finish it off perfectly.
    Hugs
    Gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am totally gobsmacked by this creation Linda it's just gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully done just Perfect!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx