My Lovely Followers

Wednesday 20 January 2016

WhimsyChallenge


Hi everyone. Just popping by to let you know that we have a new Challenge on the
Whimsy Challenge Blog.

This month the theme is 

With Love

For my card I used the adorable Snowman Love from the new January release.

This is a great stamp because not only can you use it to make Christmas cards, but it's perfect for a winter birthday for a loved one or for a winter anniversary or even quirky winter wedding card.

For myself I made it for my partner for his Christmas card, which is why it's quite plain for me as it's a guy card.


It was very quick and easy to put together.

First I stamped the image with black Versafine Ink onto some Canson Montval watercolour paper.
Then I coloured in my image with my distress markers, no colours this time as I coloured it too many weeks ago to remember them lol! But I chose the markers to match the Pion Paper (Days of Winter) that I used. I cut the image with an oval die and mounted it on some leftover cardstock I had in my stash. I inked all my edges with Pumice Stone Distress Ink. 

I cut the word love from some silver mirri card using the new Scripted Love Word Die die also from the January release at Whimsy, and 2 snowflakes, one with the silver card and a smaller one with the teal.

I glued the design paper to a blank card made with some white heavyweight cardstock and then the teal rectangle and oval image on top, keeping everything flat.

I used a glue pen to glue the word over the top, and cut some small squares of foam tape to adhere the snowflakes, on on top of the other, to make them pop.

Finally I added some glitter (which you can't really see in the photograph and some small gems to finish the card and add a little sparkle.
I've added a list of products used below, with links where I have them.

Products
Black Versafine Ink
Cansan Montval Watercolour Paper
Distress Ink Markers
Pumice Stone Distress Ink Pad
Plain White card stock
Plain Teal card stock

I hope you like it and that you can join in the challenge with us.

That's all from me today but I'll see you all again soon.

Have fun! :) xx


7 comments:

  1. Hi Linda, lovely snow people stamp and how lovely to see a male card here too. This image is perfect for a loved one and I'm sure your other half loved it.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just adorable Linda, love the image, it made m smile! I bet your partner loved it.
    Hugs
    Gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wonderful! Cute image, love these sweet snowmen , but it's your colouring that makes them amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card, Linda! So sweet! Love the word die.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are a speedy crafter Linda, I'm late leaving comments for all your recent posts :)
    I agree that this stamp can be used for many various occasions and it's really sweet. You showcased it wonderfully on this card.

    Hugs,
    Alexandra

    ReplyDelete
  6. He may have been a quick cerd but looks Super Effective!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx