My Lovely Followers

Sunday 17 January 2016

Lili of the Valley - Dainty Dancing Mk II

Morning everyone! I'm here today with an inspiration post for The Ribbon Girls. We have a new challenge and as usual for the 2nd challenge of the month it's Anything Goes - Use Any Image.

 Now I have to say that I had this card in my draft folder and had almost forgotten about it! A while ago I made a card with this stamp and as with many of my cards I sold it on my Etsy shop.  The lady who bought it messaged me to say that she wanted to buy 2 of the card, 1 for her daughter to frame for her room, and one to give to her daughter's best friend.

I had to explain that I only make one of a kind cards, so no two are exactly the same. But I offered to make a very similar card, using different colours and papers, and similar but different embellishments.

This is what I made.


These lovely papers are from Pion Design from an old collection called Fairytale of Spring. I also used some Kraft cardstock.


The stamp is from Lili of the Valley and is called Dainty Dancing. I coloured her with distress ink markers, and edged all my papers in Walnut Stain.
Colours used: Vintage Photo, Antique Linen, Gathered Twigs


The star dies are from La-La Land Crafts. 


List of Ribbon Girl Products:

5 mm Clear Crystals Self Adhesive

So that you can see the subtle changes I made, here are the original and the new card, side by side.



I hope you enjoyed my make for today, and that you can find some time to join in with our challenge. Why not pop across and see the rest of the team's inspiring makes here.
You can win the following lovely prizes

First prize:  £10 voucher for LOTV
Second prize:  £10 voucher for The Ribbon Girl
Third prize:  Mystery prize from Marianne Designs
.

See you soon! :) xx



11 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Linda, that image is a favourite of mine too - and the original card was also lovely! Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both are beautiful Linda, I'm sure she was very pleased with them. Love that gorgeous stamp and your pastel colours.
    Enjoy your Sunday.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all LOTV images and this is very cute. It's stunning how you can make cards so vibrant and sweet as this is, using only neutral colours with pastel tones that have an ancient vintage feel. Love both your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both cards are so pretty, Linda! What treasures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a gorgeous card Linda, in fact I love them both! The image is so cute and the pastel colours look wonderful! As always such fabulous designs.
    Hugs
    Gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ps I've looked at your stunning cards. Absolutely fabulous creations x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cards Linda, I love all the layering.
    Katrina xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great service! She must have loved the second card not less than the first. It's so cute and perfect!

    Hugs,
    Alexandra

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are both STUNNING! I have to agree to make 2 the same is no fun. Enjoy your Weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx