My Lovely Followers

Wednesday 13 January 2016

Art by MiRan - Mechanica @ Deep Ocean Challenge

Hello everyone, I hope you are all keeping well.  Work has been very busy again this week, but I'm looking forward to a little 'me' time in a few weeks as I have a couple of days booked off for my birthday.

After an extended break for the Christmas holidays, Deep Ocean Challenge are back with a brand new challenge for you. The theme is
'Something New'.

Recently (when looking for a completely different image), I came across this beautiful image, well most of you know I'm a bit of a sucker for Steampunk, especially if it's pretty and this really fitted the bill. So my something new is this digi from Art by MiRan. You can find it here.

I coloured her with my my Distress Ink markers on Langton Hot Press watercolour paper.
Colours used were: Vintage Photo, Spun Sugar, Victorian Velvet, Frayed Burlap, Hickory Smoke, Black Soot, Aged Mahogany. I added some metallic touches with a couple of Sakura Gel pens in Clear Star and Gold, which you can see better in the photo below.



I really wanted my card to echo the whole scene in the image, so I used my La-La Land Craft Steampunk Heart Cog dies, some pink roses and some metal screw head and gear embellishments from my stash. I also found some of this wonderful paper from Maja Design, Vintage Autumn Basics which really went so well with the image.


 I added a La-La Land Crafts Steampunk Clock Die behind my image and mounted her on more Maja paper cut with a Die-Namics Postage Stamp Stax die.
I gave the cogs and clock some colour and texture with some distress inks and embossing powder and then some alcohol ink (I used a Copic pen) over the gold and silver embossing.

I really love the way this came out, I hope you do too, this one will be VERY hard to give away or sell.


Do pop over to the blog to see all of my team mates beautiful makes and we do hope that you can join in with our challenge!
We have a fabulous prize on offer from 
a surprise selection of ribbon, trim and embellishments

(may be different to the photo below!)



That's all from me for now, but I'll be back tomorrow with my first make for Whimsy Stamps new release for January 2016! Exciting stuff! :) xx

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful!!! I really lover her pink hair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful Linda,I love the colour tones!! The design is simply beautiful and the dies fit perfectly with the image too.
    Hugs
    Gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous colouring on this image and perfect match with the whole card! love the hairs and the eyes so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning!! I'm partial to a bit of Steampunk myself as you know. She is such a gorgeous image and your talented colouring of her creates a divine project together with the coordinating dies and papers. She would have a happy home here ;)
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card, Linda! The details are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Linda! You've succeeded to create a really harmonious scene, with all the flowers and steam punk elements matching and complementing one another. Wonderful design.

    Hugs,
    Alexandra

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope your time off will come soon. You deserve some "you time". :)
    I was "oh-ing" and "ah-ing" at this image. There are SO many elements to look at. Awesome!!!
    Hugs! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG the first time I saw her I was blown away and with the close ups even more so. Looooove her!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx