My Lovely Followers

Sunday 3 July 2016

Tiddly Inks - Wryn - My Happy Thought


Sooooooo ....... Tiddly Inks are having a design team call right now.......

...do you know they are one of the first digis I ever coloured when I first started making cards? 

If you want to amuse yourself, here's a link to the very first Tiddly Inks image I coloured up when my blog was only a few weeks old, it's fun to look back and see how our styles have changed and evolved right? 

I've coloured up more Tiddly Inks images over the last 3 years, (if you want to see the rest of them, click here) but in the last year or so...not so much huh? Not because I don't love them, but because I had commitments to other images, and a girl can only fit so much colouring into her spare time. 
Which is why, even though I adore Tiddly Inks and have really wanted to enter their DT calls before, the time has never been right. The very first time I had only just started out and I considered myself too inexperienced and not good enough, since then I've always had enough other DT commitments that have meant that I wasn't sure I could give the images the time they deserved.

But now they are having another call, and this time I'm not over committed (some people say I should be committed...you know straight jacket and padded cell, but let's gloss over that lol), and have space for one last DT spot and am actively looking, so when the newsletter popped up in my email mentioning the DT call, the timing,  for once, could not have been more perfect.

So here's my entry, which called for your favourite Tiddly Inks image, of course I had to colour up a Wryn. Although there are many other Tiddly Inks images I adore, (I'm particularly partial to the gothic ones,  and the recent sea themed ones which are so fun), Wryn just is the perfect Tiddly Inks poster girl isn't she? Since I couldn't pick a favourite, I had to buy a new one to colour up right? It would have seemed rude not to, and a few more may have just ...ahem...fallen into my basket lol and OH MY.....I'd forgotten how much FUN these were to colour up! I'll be posting a couple of other ones soon, I made one of the sea themed ones into a shaker card.
It doesn't matter if you are a beginner or have more experience, they are easy to colour and look fab when you're done.

So this is 


 and I think she's totally delightful.


I coloured her up with my Distress Ink markers to match these pretty Maja Design papers and I was very happy with the way she turned out.

I used Vintage Photo, Antique Linen, Walmut Stain, Worn Lipstick, Tumbled Glass, Fade Jeans and Hickory Smoke.
The papers are Maja Design - Summer Crush and I went for my usual softly shabby chic style, inling the edges with distress ink and adding a light brushing of gesso. I don't always add sentiments to my cards, and this one is fairly large too, but I thought it went really well  with the image.

I used the following embellishments from The Ribbon Girl

Cheesecloth
45 mm Eleanor White Lace
20 mm Dusky Blue Open Roses
Baby Pink Cherry Blossom
10 mm Pale Pink Open Roses
White Sweetheart Blossom
White Beaded Stamen
12 mm Blue Faux Silk Ribbon

The pink rose organza trim was a present from my lovely blogging friend Maya Go and the rest is from my stash.

Whether I get into the DT or not I'm so glad I rediscovered these stamps, I really enjoyed colouring and making with them this weekend, and have some more ready to share soon.

There are several DT places up for grabs,so if you'd like to try your hand too, just click on the button below, share the love :)


That's all from me today, (I say 'all' I do seem to have waffled on don't I?), but look out for more Tiddly Inks goodness from me in the future, DT or no. But just in case.....wish me luck!!


17 comments:

  1. Gorgeous colouring, beautiful card, best of luck with the DT place Linda!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute card. As always your colouring is superb. I got a kick out of seeing your first card. Good luck on the DT call.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is soooo darling Linda! I'm sure you will be chosen to be one of the new DT members of the Tiddy Inks. I wish you luck and keep my fingers crossed for you.

    Hugs,
    Alexandra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh girl, you don't need luck. With a gorgeous card like this they will come knocking on your door begging you to join the team. But just in case something clouds their judgement I will keep my fingers crossed for you. But this is really just to be 1000% on the "safe" side (not just 100%). ;)
    I love Tiddly ink images and you made a stunning card with this cutie. Of course I had to check your old card too and there is definitely change. But even the old one is beautiful.
    Big hugs! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is super cute!
    love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with your fabulous card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty, Linda! I wish you good luck on the design team call.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good Luck....not that you need it because your work is simply stunning. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful card Linda! Lovely shape, papers, design and adorable Digi. Good luck on the DT call. I'm sure they will love to have you! Marlies x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is just gorgeous Linda! Wryn is just adorable and coloured so beautifully too! Good luck with the DT call, but I'm sure they will snap you up!
    Hugs
    Gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. A beautifully designed card Linda and a beautifully coloured Wryn. I hope your wishes come true with the DT call Linda - you would certainly be an asset to the team.
    Hugs Sharon. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. She is simply adorable, a gorgeous card for your DT entry. Fingers crossed and good luck!
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a pretty make, Linda... Love the soft color tones. :)
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is stunning and the soft colours, pretty papers and large sentiment all work perfectly with the cute Wryn image...I have a real soft spot for her too!
    Best of luck with the DT call and if nothing else it has got you playing with some more of these awesome Tiddly Inks images :-)
    Big hugs, Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Truly beautiful Linda and the DT would be lucky to have you! Good luck hunny. I think your Wryn is delish, love the colours and your fabulous card design. So many delish details to drink in. Fab entry for the DT call. Hugs, Wends xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh wow!! This is GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Loooove this Card she is just Soooo Adorable!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx