My Lovely Followers

Tuesday 5 April 2016

Lee Holland - Elephant with Bouquet


Hi everyone. I have another CAS card to share with you today. This one is using the super sweet
Elephant with Bouquet
from Whimsy Stamps. I love Lee Hollands' animals, they are all so cute!
This card was featured in the new Whimsy Inspired e-Magazine. If you haven't checked it out, you really should, 50 pages of lushness and it's completely free!

First of all I stamped my image onto some water colour paper, this particular paper was a new try for me, but I wasn't happy with the way it took the inks so I won't be using it again, therefore I'm not listing it. I have another new one to try out in coming weeks so we'll see how that goes. I'm quite happy with my regular watercolour papers, but I like to try out new things now and then.

After colouring my image in with my distress ink markers, I cut it out with the largest die of Whimsy's new
Hand Stitched Nested Rectangles 
and then shaped the bottom with the stitched curve die from the
Stitched Border Die Trio

If you're in the UK you can get this stamp and dies at Dies to Die for.

I cut out half of a rectangle out of a scrap of lime green design paper, and stamped the sentiment, (this is from an older whimsy set that's not available any more), with the same die I used for my image, sliding it underneath and filling in the missing part to make a full rectangle again, and mounted them both on a slightly larger rectangle of bright pink cardstock.

I mounted the whole thing with some adhesive foam tape on a a card base made with some plain white cardstock and measuring a quarter of an inch bigger than my pink cardstock.


Since this was a CAS card I embellished very simply with a few enamel dots I had in my stash and a little Wink of Stella on the butterfly wings (which of course doesn't show up in my photograph!).

I hope you liked my make for today, I'll be back later in the week with something in my usual style.

Happy crafting! :) xx

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card. Love the pink elephant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess we're all enjoying cas cards lately. This one is gorgeous!
    Hugs, t.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute elephant, love the colours and the design of your card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable.. I love little elephants..you are amazing with your stitching!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's wonderful!
    love the colors!
    have a nice day!
    Bad Kitty's Craftroom

    ReplyDelete
  6. The image is adorable and I love it in pink!
    The stitched dies add interest to this lovely CAS style card too.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx