My Lovely Followers

Friday 7 November 2014

Zoe Butterfly at Dies to Die for

Happy Friday all. Here we are again at the end of the week, I hope your week has been good to you.  Mine has been horrendous ....mostly because my boiler broke down last weekend and I've had no heating and no hot water, add to that the roadworks causing long delays on my journey home from work (it's taken me 2 hours to get home most evenings this week) and a couple of other issues, I'm more than glad to see this week come to an end.

But enough of my moaning. let's move on to my DT make for Dies to Die for which is MUCH more cheerful lol.

I used Zoe Butterfly, by Elisabeth Bell from Whimsy Stamps, isn't she pretty? 


I coloured her with distress inks
Skin: Tattered Rose, Tea Dye, Spun Sugar
Hair: Antique Linen, Walnut Stain, Gathered Twigs
Clothes: Scattered straw, Wild Honey, Peacock Feathers, Antique Linen
Balloons: Peacock Feathers, Spun Sugar, Fired Brick

and matched her to these lovely papers from the MME 6 x 6 pad Lost & Found - Find Your Wings and Fly. Papers have been edged with Walnut Stain distress ink and then hand stitched with top stitch thread.


I popped a couple of hot air balloons cut with a La-La Land die behind the image and added some lovely trims and flowers from my stash.


I also added some little enamel dots from MME, to match the papers.


I decorated the inside to complement the front.

List of products from the shop.

Stamp: Zoe Butterfly
Papers: MME Lost and Found - Find Your Wings and Fly
Walnut Stain Distress Ink
La-La Land Hot Air Balloon Die
Enamel Dots MME Record it - Follow your Heart

This card is for sale in my Etsy shop

ETSY

That's all from me today, but I'll be back on Sunday with 2 more makes and some exciting news!

Have a great Friday! :) xx

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Linda love the image fabulous colour's and dies and hope you have a relaxing weekend
    Hugs Dianne xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about your rubbish week. I do hope you get your boiler fixed soon, it must be horrible coming home from a long day at work to a cold house.
    Your card is like a burst of happy sunshine! I love the sweet image, gorgeous papers and amazing detailing too.
    I hope you have a good weekend.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!!! Simply GORGOUS!! I love it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do hope your weekend is better and that your boiler gets fixed soon, it must be awful. Your card however does not reflect the horrible week you have had at all, it radiates sunshine and cheerfulness with those gorgeous colour papers and sweet image. Love the layers, stitching and pretty details.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is totally beautiful!! Love the way you match the colours together and the beautiful die cuts.
    Hope you have a lovely relaxing weekend.
    Hugs
    Gina x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope next week is a better one. Beautiful card, love the sweet image and pretty layers, beautifully done
    Hugs Julie P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, Linda, and such pretty papers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous! I saw it on the Whimsy FB group and had to come read about the dies you used here. I am now your newest follower, your cards are beautiful and inspirational and I dont want to miss any! lol Wonderful coloring too. TFS, Lizzy

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many designer papers that work Sooooo Well together Gorgeous. Really love the Balloon out of the designer papers and Beautiful Image!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So gorgeous! I love all the colours on this and the image is so lovely.
    Rebecca.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx