My Lovely Followers

Tuesday 11 November 2014

Happily Ever After - The Remix

Good morning! It's a quick share from me today.  A while ago I was approached via my blog contact form and asked to make a card for a 10 year anniversary. The person was quite specific in wanting a card very similar to another card I made last year.  Now I don't normally repeat a card, but they wanted something very similar, so this is probably the closest I'll ever come to making the same card twice.  The layout stamp and colour scheme are pretty much the same, but I made some subtle changes, to give the same effect without being a direct copy. So basic layout is the same, as is the stamp and clock die, and the small fob watch charm.

What did I change?  Well the original card had pearl strings, I substituted sparkly faceted ones. I used different papers, though in the same neutral colour scheme (the papers behind the clock face is the same as the original though).  On this card I used wide stacked fishtail banners, instead of long thin banners in a row. and I added the numerals. The lace, ribbons, ruffle and embellishments are all (apart from the charm) different.  The stamp is the same and is paper pieced like the orginal, but colours are slightly different as are the papers used.  The stamp was coloured to match the skin tones and hair colours of the couple who were celebrating their anniversary





The inside too is a little different from the original card and contains a sentiment.

If you're interested in seeing the original card you can find it in this post

I do have to say that I think this is the stamp I own that I have used the most, I think this makes 5 times and 3 of those have been weeding cards, it is my most favourite stamp.

Well that's all from me today, but i'll be back on Friday with my regular scheduled post, and I do have to say I fell in love with the card when I was making it, so I'm really looking forward to sharing it with you.

Bye for now! :) xx

8 comments:

  1. Stunning. Love the neautral colours and fabulous embellies with that cute image

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is truly a treasure, Linda! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, as was the first one. Love the neutral tones and details.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Linda this is stunning. I love this image and the colour tones and embellishments are fabulous.
    Enjoy the rest of your week.
    Hugs Sharon, x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful. Love the papers and wonderful neutral colours and use of dies.
    Hugs
    Gina x

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG this is just EXQUISITE! I dint think there is enough words to describe it. Enjoy your Weekend

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is stunning! Love the neutral tones and paper choice, so sweet, Have a lovely weekend
    Hugs julie P

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is absolutely stunning, such a special creation. I especially love the beautiful clock-face elements.
    Rebecca.
    x

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx