My Lovely Followers

Tuesday 25 February 2014

Gardner Gayle for Dies to Die for

Happy Tuesday all you lovely crafters.  I'm here with my  inspiration post for Dies to Die for.
Today I've used Gardner Gayle ....and I admit I had a little double take on her name here.  I can't work out whether this is an actual misspelling of gardener...or a play on words, as Gardner is a quite well used surname. Whichever it is all that really matters is that she's a very beautiful image.

 As Mother's Day or Mothering Sunday, in the UK is only a few weeks away, I thought this would make a delightful Mother's Day card, although it could equally be used for  a birthday or thank - you card and probably various other sorts as it's quite a versatile image. But enough waffle and on with the pics! As usual there are links to products at the end of my post that will take you directly to that product in the store.


The stamp is one of the wonderful Saturated Canary collection from Little Darling's Rubber Stamps, drawn by the uber talented Krista Smith. I was tempted to colour her with Distress Inks as I really think she'd suit them, but my Copics have been feeling quite neglected of late, so I thought I'd give them some love.

Skin: E000, 00, 11, R20, 11
Hair: E50, 31, 35, YR20
Clothes: BV000, 00, 02, 04, RV000, R81, 83, E41, 42, 43


I used design papers from the gorgeous Sofiero collection by Maja and I'm  embarrassed to say that I've pretty much covered 2 of layers with embellishment! What a numpty I am.  At least you can see one of them clearly used on the inside of the card.



I did mix and match paper companies here, something I don't do a lot as the textures and weights are often quite different, but here I just used some seed packets cut from Pion Design element sheets. I love these sheets for an inexpensive way of adding some interest to your cards and really 1 sheet will last you for several cards.
Well that's all from me today, I hope whatever you're doing you have a lovely day and I'll be back on Saturday with my very first GDT card for Kraftin' Kimmie....how exciting!! hope to see you there.

  Have fun! : ) x x





8 comments:

  1. Very pretty card Linda. I love the contrasting stitching around your layers and I can just see that lace peeking through, lol, gorgeous. A lovely array of flowers and those charms are just perfect too. Look forward to your K.K. DT post.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow Linda, this is just too beautiful for words. Its got a wonderful shabby vintage feel and I love the green stitching.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card Linda. Such a pretty image, fantastic colouring and gorgeous papers. Your detailing is always so beautiful and the stitching looks wonderful too.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are right, this card can be used for many occassions, not just for Mother's day. It's gorgeous! Hugs! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH MY GOODNESS Linda...this is just GORGEOUS!!! Your colouring is FABULOUS!!! All your embellies...MWAH!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This ones such an Adorable Card! One of my favorite Images! Beautifully Coloured and layered!Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG Linda this is stunning! The image is adorable and so beautifully coloured. Love the seed packets too!
    Hugs
    Gina x

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG Linda sweetie this is absolutely gorgeous, love every single little detail......this is sooooooo my kinda card & of course perfect image. I love SC images, well who doesn't ;0)

    Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx