My Lovely Followers

Tuesday 11 February 2014

Audrey in Paris at Dies to Die for

Good morning world!  I'm on my hols this week and I'm loving it.  I had a lovely birthday and now I get to spend most of this week crafting away to my heart's content.  Anyway on with my inspirational make for Dies to Die for today, I was going to do another Valentine, as it's Valentine's week, but I thought the card I'm sharing today had a kind of Valentine feel about it even though it isn't a Valentine's card.

I made this card after a conversation with somebody who has become a regular buyer of my cards on Etsy. We discussed a birthday card for her sister, who, she said, loves Audrey Hepburn and Doris Day and adores Paris, pink was also mentioned.  So I've been playing around with a few things with that in mind and here is a kind of Prototype.


I've used Maja Design papers from the Crea Diem collection.  Links to products are as always at the end of the post.


The stamp is called 'Audrey loves her make-up', one of the Uptown Girls from Stamping Bella.  She also comes with a sentiment, which I didn't use here as it's quite large. I've coloured her with Copics:

Skin: E11, E00, E000, E0000, R20 for cheeks
Clothes: R81, R83, R85, W5, W3, W1, W0
I did add a little glitter to her too, but it is not showing up AT ALL on the photos :( 


The scrabble letters are from Whimsy, they also do a die to match, but I don't have that so I just hand cut them. The Eiffiel Tower is a La La Land's die. I've also used some Prima bling here.


You can see another LLL die here and the sentiment is from Whimsy, I wanted the matching die for this but it's currently out of stock so I'll have to wait for that one, the sentiment looks pretty good anyway, even cut by hand. As usual I've almost covered my lace, I really do need to do something about that. all other items are from my ever growing stash.

I do hope you enjoyed my share today, I'll be back on Friday with my post for A Creative Romance :) xx







9 comments:

  1. wow, stunning card Linda, just love all the details, die cuts, flowers, etc. - well, all of it really!
    Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a fantastic Birthday and are enjoying your crafting time. Super cute card Linda, love all the details, so much to take in. I can just see your lace, lol and those cluster of flowers are gorgeous. Hope you had plenty of crafty pressies to play with.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  3. When you play with things it always turns out perfect! Great combo of this and that, flawless coloring and lovely flower arrangement. :)
    Have a great day, Linda...

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! This is stunning Linda. I really love that elegant image, beautiful colouring and your detailing is just amazing!
    I hope you enjoy the rest of the week.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG this is beautiful!! I love the theme of this card and the colours work so perfectly together! Fabulous colouring too!
    Enjoy the rest of your week off (I'm off next week and can't wait)!
    Hugs
    Gina x

    ReplyDelete
  6. STUNNING Linda..love the dies and gorgeous image and colouring...fabulous card.

    luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful! So classy and elegant and tres chic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow this is amazing and gorgeous too.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is fabulous Linda as are all the other stunning cards on your blog. I have had a lovely time visiting and I am now your newest follower.
    Hugs Sharon. x
    {Nellie’s Handmade Cards}

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx