My Lovely Followers

Thursday 25 July 2013

Yummy Icecream

Yup, don't faint, this is 2 cards in one evening from me lol.

Sometimes I work on a couple alongside each other and at the moment I'm gradually working my way through an additional project which can't be all completed at once.

I often take my images into work and colour them at lunch time, since I have a limited amount to craft...but it's Friday tomorrow and soon to be the weekend which means lots of crafting time!!

Anyhoo...on with the card.

Firstly I must apologise for the quality of the pictures, the light was starting to go as I was taking them, I really must invest in a decent lamp...another thing to add to the ever growing wish list *sigh*



I really like the way this turned out, just a shame the photos don't really do it justice.  The backing papers are First Edition and Magnolia (on sale again...yes I'm a cheapskate lol) I've used a metal corner from WOC which I've treated to some Frantage in aged rose. The corner die I used is from Whimsy, I had real problems getting this to cut cleanly, I'll try with thinner cardstock next time and see if that makes a difference, but I had to cut this 3 times before getting a good result.


The image is Sweet Treat Wryn by Tiddlyinks. Such a cute image and perfect for the challenges I'm doing.  I've coloured her with Copics and embellished the ice cream with some glossy accents which looks realy cool, but sadly doesn't show up on the photos.


I added a little frantage to the inside and outside frames. The sentiment is from Pink Petticoat  and I hand cot the banner shape and covered it with glossy accents to make it hold it's shape and shine.


The ribbon is from stash and the flowers are from WOC.

The starfish is one of a collection of novelty buttons I pick them up here and there, I just cut off the back and glued it on, it was the perfect colour to go with the card too.

I want an ice cream now and sadly I have none in my freezer! 

Thanks for popping by and enjoy the rest of your evening....with ice cream if you have some! xx


Hope you like my summer card, I'm entering her for the following challenge:


6 comments:

  1. All your die-cuts and details are just beautiful and showcase your stunning image so well, lovely card! Thank you for sharing your creation with us over at Tiddly Inks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for popping by and leaving a lovely comment xx

      Delete
  2. A really fab card, Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a card or two or three that the pictures really just don't get the true essence of it, so I fully get ya there. I do think, however that this looks absolutely fabulous! I love the frantage so much I might have to grab it myself and try it. :D Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Tiddly Inks, it is perfect for the theme. Goodluck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comments. @ Tabbatha, do try the Frantage, I was really nervous myself about trying it but i found a fab tutorial by Tracy Payne http://crafteezee.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/its-spring-and-frantage-video-tutorial.html It really is an excellent tut, very well explained, I still end up blowing stuff off lol, but I'm learning. Start with some embellishments, it's far less intimidating lol. One warning though, it's absolutely addictive. Thanks so much for dropping by xx

      Delete
  4. Wow, this is such a beautiful card! Love your treat paper and your gorgeous die cuts! Thanks so much for joining us at Tiddly Inks!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx