My Lovely Followers

Wednesday 11 January 2017

Whimsy Stamps January Release - Lee Holland - Hedgehog Couple

Hello!

My goodness time just keeps turning doesn't it? It's already time for Whimsy Stamps new release and since there was no new release in December. I know you have been looking forward to this one.

There are so many gorgeous rubber and clear stamps, fab dies and even a stencil...yup you heard it...a stencil! in this release that I was hard pressed to decide what I wanted to play with first. But this little hedgehog couple was just so darned cute that I just couldn't resist colouring it up with my distress ink markers. It's called Hedgehog Love from the Lee Holland Collection.  I think it's so perfect for any couple and would make a lovely card for Valentines, an anniversary, an engagement or even a novel wedding card, particularly if the couple love hedgies!

I coloured the 2 hedgies slightly different shades, because I didn't want them to look identical, I used Antique Linen for both for the lighter colour, but for their coats I used Walnut Stain for the one on the left and Ground Espresso for the one on the right hand side. I added a little blush to their cheeks and the inside of their ears with Worn Lipstick. I used Antique Linen and Brushed Corduroy for the earth bank and a combination of Mowed Lawn, Peeled Paint, Shabby Shutters and Forest Moss for the grass banks, the trees and the foliage. The flowers are coloured with Worn Lipstick and 
Picked Raspberry.

Originally I was going to cut them out with a heart shape die, but after playing around with that I decided I couldn't really make it work how I wanted to and went with a circle die to cut them out instead. The light wasn't great when I took my photos, so I've added an angled shot so that you get a better idea of the true colours.

I used some lovely papers from the Heart Painted 6 x 6 paper pad from Lemoncraft and made a card in my favourite softly shabby style, inking and distressing my papers with Walnut Stain DI,  I double layered the new Honeycomb Pattern Die (this cuts like a DREAM btw), cut it in half and popped the halves under the middle layer of my card. Once everything was layered up and stuck down I cut the Love Word Die - Scripted from last years release, 5 times and glued them all together with a quickie glue pen to make a chipboard style sentiment, adding that along the bottom of my image before finally adding some lovely embellishments from the Ribbon Girl.

Below I've listed all the items I used with some links to suppliers in the UK.

Hot pressed watercolour paper.
Vesrafine Ink - Black Onyx
Whimsy Stamps Hedgehog Love
Tim Holtz Distress Ink Markers
Size 000 Round Sable Watercolour Brush
Circle Dies

That's all from me today, I'll be back tomorrow to share something made with a stamp from the clear stamps release plus that stencil that I mentioned, until then you can check out the makes from the rest of the design team.

Have fun!

11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous and beautiful card Linda
    Dianne xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! I absolutely love the image, dies and your perfect design.
    Hugs
    Gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So gorgeous Linda... I love that you coloured the two hedgies slightly differently - I definitely think the girlie has a pink tinge even though you used expresso!

    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. so amazing card !!!
    hugs
    céline

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous card dear Linda!
    hugs, Ŧĭƙĭ
    ≽ܫ≼

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwww.... DORABLE!!! Love, love this image, your awesome colouring and the fabulous design!!! Amazing colours combo and great choice of papers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a superb card, so sweet and cute with those adorable hedgies, your gorgeous papers and wonderful details and elements.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an adorable card. Your colouring rocks and so does the embellishing. My dad used to have a hedge hog and my son is now on the look out for one. This stamp would be awesome to use for them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh, I don't think I have the right words to say how much I love this card! Stunning colouring of the adorable hedgies, beautiful papers and details and that 'love' word die is going straight on my wish list! LOVE this card :-)
    Big hugs, Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Linda that is gorgeous! I love the way you've used the sweet honeycomb diecuts in two corners and the cheesecloth and blooms are such a pretty finish. I also utterly love the green and pink combo. Delish! A really gorgeous card hun. Hugs, Wends xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx