My Lovely Followers

Friday 9 January 2015

Genie at Dies to Die for

Happy Friday everyone!  It was my first week back at work today after my holidays (well I say week I was only in for 2 days lol) and I'm already missing my craft corner, it was really nice to have the time to really go all out and get creative.

I'd been itching to ink up this stamp for quite a while now and yeah I know that maybe genies are supposed to be all floaty and ethereal BUT, look at that funky hair? To me she was crying out to be totally edgy and cool.

I was originally going to colour her with my Copics, or Inktense pencils, but I got all these new colours for Christmas that I wanted to play with and it seems you can go bold and bright with Distress Ink and still keep that translucent delicate look, it shouldn't work, but it does.  I hope you like her.

I've added links to products used at the end of my post. 


Colours used:

Skin: Tattered Rose, Tea dye (I used more than usual to give her a slightly darker skin tone), Aged Mahogany (I can't remember what I used on the lips for this one)
Hair: Shabby Shutters, Crushed Olive, Old Paper, Evergreen Bough.
Clothing: Shabby Shutters, Crushed Olive, Black Soot (white dots were made with a Posca pen)
Background shadow: Frayed Burlap

Then I covered her trousers and top with Glamour Dust, which looks really lovely and sparkly, but I could not get the camera to pick it up hardly at all.


I edged my papers (these are old Glitz ones called Hoopla but you can get them in a sale bundle which is a really super deal) with Old Paper Distress Ink and hand stitched them all with Top Stitch thread and edged all the dies with the same ink and some splodges of Gesso. The beautiful butterfly is one from Karla's Kreative Korner (I really need to get some more as I'm running low and I do love them so. The dies here are from Cheery Lynn and Little Darlings.


I coloured the edging on her outfit to match the corner of my design paper and then added a lush bow to match, love this b & w polka dot ribbon. I thought the button finished it off nicely


Finally I decorated the inside to complement the front and spritzed the whole up with some flowers, lace and ribbon and some little sparklies from my stash.


I also used some lovely Ribbon Girl embellishments



I do hope you like my make for today, I was really quite taken with her cool and funky style.

I'm entering this card to the following challenges:




13 comments:

  1. I just adore your cards Linda! You can use both bold and soft colors, and you embellish them to perfection. I love those ribbons too!!! Your taste is very similar to what I like, so every time I see a new post from your blog, I rush there to have a look and you never disappoint. Thank you for sharing and inspiring us :)

    Hugs,
    Alexandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card, Linda! Love your bold colour choices, great colouring of that sassy genie and such pretty finishing details, as you always do!
    Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you received lots of new goodies to play with at Christmas Linda and I can see that you had a fab time creating this card. Love the colours, they work so well together. Another stunning creation.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love what you did with this card, Linda! It is beautiful! I love how the inside of your cards always coordinates with the outside. Wonderful attention to detail.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How many work you made! Gorgous card, so beautiful layered and coloured!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW Linda this is GORGEOUS!! I love all the colours that you have combined...your creative eye is AMAZING!!! Beautifully coloured and perfectly embellished!!
    Take care,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just beautiful!! TFS Lizzy

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous Linda, such a fabulous image coloured so beautifully. All your detailing is just stunning.
    I hope you have a good weekend.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I look your work in the Magnolia's group on facebook and I clicked out of curiosity on the link of your blog and I fell in love with your creations. Thank you so much for this inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a stunning card! The image is fab and I love the colours of her hair!The embellishments and stitching look absolutely gorgeous too!
    Hugs
    Gina x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Wow Wow! Your colours are AMAZING! Your layout is beyond description. Loooooove it lots!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another absolutely incredible card! You make such brave choices with your colour schemes and they always work so well - her hair looks amazing! Perfectly embellished too. :)
    Rebecca.
    x

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx