My Lovely Followers

Sunday 12 October 2014

Halloween at Totally Tilda

Good morning and happy Sunday to all. I hope you're enjoying your weekend, I've been chilling out and making cards mostly. 

Before I get on to sharing my card I have to first share some super exciting news!  The lovely Mary of The Ribbon Girl, recently emailed me and asked if I would do a couple of guest spots for them...of course I quickly replied that I'd be thrilled to...well after leaping up and down like a loon lol.

Now here's where I make an embarrassing confession...when Mary emailed me to ask, she mentioned that she's put a not on my delivery note in my last order from them .......well my jaw hit the floor, I'd been so busy drooling over all the pretties in my parcel, that I hadn't even read the note properly and almost missed my chance!  I was so very lucky that Mary was kind enough to follow up with an email. Anyway I'll be joining in with one of their Magnolia only challenges and one of the Lovely Lili challenges, so stay tuned fr those :)

Ok so on to my make for today. We have a new challenge over at Totally Tilda and this time the theme is Halloween.  So we want to see your Halloween themed makes. Now I will openly admit that Halloween is not really my thing.  We don't celebrate it with cards and stuff here like they do over the water, so much as I really enjoy looking at all my friends Halloween makes on Facebook, I don't really enjoy making them, but I didn't go all out traditional Halloween.

I had however bought these wonderful butterflies from Karla's Kreative Korner, and I wanted to use them on my card, so I matched my papers and colouring to them.

I used Wizard Tilda for a magical rather than spooky theme and coloured her with my Copics.


The papers are not Halloween papers, but I thought that the orange swirl really looked good with the magic swirl from the wand, the black text on orange was quite fitting and the black on black butterfly/moth paper gave a slightly spooky feel, I used Orange and Black Top Stitch Thread. I added some lovely black lace, but as I often do I ended up covering most of it and you can just see it peeping out on the left hand side.


The cheese cloth added to the atmosphere and I cut a swirl in orange and added some small Rhinestones that I coloured to match my theme.. You can see in this picture that I added Glamour Dust to the magic swirl for sparkle.


Some black and orange flowers and a little apple from my stash and this gorgeous ribbon with a Star button tied on with black twine added and I slipped a glittery 'moon' behind my image.


I kept the inside fairly simple, some more of the orange swirly paper and plenty of blank space for a message.

I used the following Ribbon Girls goodies:


This card is for sale in my Etsy shop 

ETSY

Our sponsor for this challenge is 

and they are offering the following prize


I'm so looking forward to seeing all your Halloween makes, make sure you check the Challenge blog for the important rules, and do check out all the DT makes while you're there, they are all scrummy!


8 comments:

  1. This is such a fabulous Halloween style card.Gorgeous colouring and fabulous design (as always), love the butterflies.
    Congratulations on your GDT posts for the Ribbon Girl!!
    Hugs
    Gina x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your GDT posts and I look forward to your gorgeous makes for them in the future.
    This is a super, no too spooky Halloween style card, love that paper and Tilda of course. Great design and details.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I feel the same as you with regard to Halloween! I love your cute and pretty take on the theme. Adorable image and wonderful detailing.
    Big congrats on your upcoming GDT spot with the Ribbon Girl. It is so well deserved.
    I hope you have had a good weekend.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, Linda! I love the fact that you didn't use Halloween papers on it so it can be used for different occasions. Love the sparkly swirl on Tilda's wand. Congrats on the GDT spot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fabulous Halloween card Linda, just as always. I like the ribbons you use and the layouts, and the colored image... Well, have I already told I liked it? :)) hh


    Hugs,
    Alexandra

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love love love this to bits Linda, Fabulous choice of Tilda, the colours and fab elements make this a perfect Halloween card. Hugs Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your Ribbon Girl GDT! Your card is so magical - the colour scheme looks fab and your embellishments are amazing.
    Rebecca.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well I think it looks pretty Amazing those Oranges make it Pop and those butterflies with pumpkins on there wings are Awesome!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx