My Lovely Followers

Tuesday 7 February 2017

Hearts Everywhere

Hello!

I hope you all had a lovely weekend. I'm so happy because I have the whole week off work and I'm looking forward to some fun and crafty times.

No Technique Tuesday from me today (although I have used some techniques in this card), as it's the Whimsy February Release AND my birthday this week, but we do have a new challenge over at Deep Ocean Challenge and our theme this time is 
Hearts Everywhere.

I made this sweet little card and it has 3 different kinds of hearts on it. First there are the hearts on my base card, these are done with a stencil and my Clarity Brushes, I think the colours used were a combo of Worn Lipstick and Candied Apple, but I didn't write them down so I can't be sure.

I cut the panel to size and adhered it to some lovely Dazzle Gold Lustre Print Chroma card from Papermill Direct, (this looks quite dark in the picture, but is actually quite a bit more gold when the light hits it),  but before I did I cut the love from the centre with the Scripted Love Word die from Whimsy Stamps, love, love love this die.
I cut a further 3 love die-cuts from white cardstock and layered and adhered them together, finishing with the Gold Lustre one on top.

I did a little ombre ink blending on some watercolour cardstock and cut out a heart with an old Spellbinders nestie. I sprinkled some little droplets of water on top and left for a couple of minutes, before blotting off with a paper towel to lift some of the colour. Then I sprayed with some gold glimmer mist and left to dry.

Once fully dry I glued my heart onto my base and adhered the love across the heart. I cut a few hearts from some of the Gold Lustre card with one of the dies in the Card Builder - Hearts of Love die set and cut them again in white cardstock, sticking the 2 layers together for a little dimension and then adding some randomly to my card. 

I finished off with a beautiful butterfly embellishment from Kay Fatula.

Items used.
All cardstock from Papermill Direct
Spellbinders Heart Nestie
I hope you can join in with our challenge, you can win a fab prize from our sponsor, and don't forget to check the DTs lush makes.

See you soon, thanks for dropping by!

5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card, Linda! I love the dies you used and the beautiful butterfly. Best wishes on your upcoming birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eine wunderschöne Karte, gefällt mir sehr gut
    glg Gertrude

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card. Love the butterfly.
    Valerija xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am SO going to have to put that 'love' die on my wishlist now! Gorgeous creation Linda. Loving the scattered hearts stencil and the gorgeous ombré feature heart. That gorgeous butterfly is a beautiful and perfect finish to your gorgeous card too. Hugs, Wends xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx