My Lovely Followers

Saturday 26 November 2016

Vintage Blue Winter


Hello!

I know what you're thinking.....is this a Christmas card or isn't it?  Well it can be. I'm calling it a winter card, it has that blue wintery feel and those stamped snowflakes and the sentiment is somewhat non-committal. Soooooo....you could use it for Christmas and it would work perfectly well as a non-traditional card, or you can use it for a winter birthday, or for almost any occasion taking place in winter.



I used the die from the new release called Geometric Snowflake. This is a great die, you can use it all together as a focal point or even as a doily, or you can take it apart and use the snowflakes individually. Also it doesn't hit you in the eye as a snowflake and so I think you can just as easily use this die on non winter cards.

I also used a sentiment from an older clear stamps set called Snowflake Wishes and some of the little snowflake stamps from that set and heat embossed them with white embossing powder.

I added a few flowers leaves and pearls and some seam binding and twine to finish my card, just lightly sponging the edges of the white leaves with some distress ink in Weathered Wood and adding a little lightly brushed gesso here and there and on the flowers and finally brushing the flowers with some clear Wink of Stella.

Youy can buy the die and stamps in the UK from Dies to Die for.

I used the following Ribbon Girl embellishments

Ivory White Magnolia Flowers
Ivory Wild Rose
Blue Wild Rose
20 mm Dusky Blue Open Rose
Limoges Blue Vintage Style Seam Binding
Ivory Self Adhesive Pearls
That's all from me, see you next time!

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous and beautiful card Linda have a lovely week end
    Dianne xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is fabulous Linda... such a wonderful vintage-y feel! You've embellished it perfectly with just the right amount of flowers, and I love how you've distressed the paper too.

    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You totally rocked this card. I love the non traditional look and while I do agree that it could be used for winter birthday for example, I think it makes a perfect Christmas card too. I believe "stunning" is the wordI am looking for. ;) Hugs! xx

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx