My Lovely Followers

Sunday 7 August 2016

Jeremiah Ketner - Mornings

Morning!
I hope you're all having a lovely Sunday. My week has been a mixed bag really. Wednesday my partner was taken in briefly to the surgical assessment unit as he was taken ill at work and they decided to do some tests, so that was a bit of a worry. The bloods came back OK and they are sending him an appointment for an exploratory test/exam just to check what's going on. He seems fine for the moment so we'll wait for that which will hopefully shed some light on the problem.

Thursday as those of you who follow my blog will know was my parents Diamond Anniversary, 60 years of marriage....that's kind of wow right there. Sadly fate chose this day to throw one of the biggest TIAs (mini strokes) at my Dad (who's 86), that he's had over the last 4 years. Friday he had a fall and my Mum (who's 80 in October),  couldn't get him back up and they waited over 2 hours for the ambulance to come.

2 bloody hours. Lying on the floor, bruised and confused.

I can't even begin to tell you how mad and disgusted that makes me feel. It seems that if you are over a certain age in this country you're just not considered to be a priority.

He's stable for the moment, all thanks to my Mum and no thanks to any of the health care services down in Dorset who don't seem to give a shit, the doctor has not even been out to visit him. We'll see what the do come Monday.

I don't normally share too much of my private life on my blog, but really I needed to vent, so thanks for listening.

My card for today needs to be a little uplifting after all that, and I think it is. Recently I've finally made a little time to play around with the box of Prismacolor Pencils I got from Dan (my partner) for Christmas....yes I know, it's taken a while. I just wasn't happy before with what I did following tutorials, so I decided to find my own way on this more.

I coloured in this image Mornings from Jeremiah Ketner. This image has actually been in my folder for a long time, I bought it over a year ago, but I find the shading that appears on the uncoloured image difficult to work with when using distress inks, so I never coloured her up. With pencils though this isn't an issue.


I'm always confused by the name with this stamp, since to me she seems part of the night, surrounded by stars as she is.

I'm sorry  but as I was experimenting I do not remember the pencil colours I used for this, I'll try and write them down as I go next time.

I coloured her on some Stonehenge paper, just using the pencils themselsves to blend with each other and cut the image out with a stitched rectangle die from MFT.

The paper behind her is actually Christmas paper from the Websters Pages All That Glitters pad, I thought the starburst effect with the stars would look perfect.

I used some ribbed kraft cardstock behine that and also to cut out some stars with Stitched Stars Stax also from MFT and popped them up on some foam tape.

The sentiment from Your Next stamp is stamped with Memento ink on plain white cardstock and I cut it out with a fishtail banner die from the same company.

I finished embellishing with just a few clear gems keeping the whole thing pretty CAS.

I'm quite happy with the way she turned out, particularly her hair.

That's all from me today, but I'll be back in the week with a new Challenge At Deep Ocean and also the August release from Whimsy Stamps, which you're going to love!

Enjoy your Sunday!

13 comments:

  1. Oh dear you do seem to have had a rather emotional week. I hope your dad continues to improve and gets the medical attention he needs. It's very worrying when loved ones are taken ill and we live far away. I hope all turns out well for your partner too.
    Often our hobbies help us with life's traumas by providing a welcome distraction and interlude among the chaos and your beautiful colouring and card seems to have done the job, a lovely creation.
    Take care,
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous Linda! Such superb colouring too. Thank you for sharing xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry to hear of the health problems with your partner as well as your dad. I hope they both will be well. Your card is so pretty, Linda. I love stars and things that sparkle and shine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hope ypur partner and dad will be ok.
    amazing card!
    Fiki

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sory to hear of your dad and your partner, hope that all come well quickly!
    Your card is a delight, love this image and your colouring looks amazing as always, such fabulous hair!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. First of all wish you better days as they were. Love your card. Colors are so vibrant. Image just glows.

    Marjeta

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing card. Love your fantastic coloring.
    Sorry to hear bout your partner and dad, I hope, they both will be well very soon.
    Take care
    Valerija xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Linda, I'm sorry to hear abouut all the problems with your partner and dad. I really hope they will soon figure out what was/is wrong with Dan so they can start treatment if necessary.
    I can't believe the ambulance needed over 2 hours to get to your parents' place. That's insane! Luckily there weren't any consequences, but still. Things like this should not be happening.
    As for your card goes, I love it. No surprise there, right? ;) I love ALL your work and I always admire the way you put things together. You coloured this image beautifully too. It's great you managed to find your own way to colouring with Prismas.
    hugs! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh hun, I'm so sorry to hear about your partner and your Dad; that is not right to leave him on the floor for 2 hours and on such a special day too...fate is cruel sometimes. I just hope both he and your partner are ok.
    I hope a bit of crafting lifted your spirits a bit and this really is a gorgeous uplifting image...and wow, your colouring is really fab so clearly doing it your own way is working!
    The star paper and die cut stars just fit so beautifully with the image to make a truly magical design :-)
    Big hugs, Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so sorry to hear about your partner and dad. Two darn hours is ridiculous. I wish a speedy recovery for the loved ones in your life.

    Your card is absolutely gorgeous. You coloured it so well. The blue background makes your image pop. Love the blue hair too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Linda! I was really sorry to read about your Dad and the fact that he couldn't get any help in a timely manner. It's good that he is stable now. I wish him a fast recovery and many more happy years to come.
    Your card and the image colored with Prismacolors are fabulous as always!
    Sending lots of warm hugs your way. Thinking of you.


    Alexandra

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh you have had it all happen. I would be pretty Cranky if it took the Ambulance 2hrs to get there! Hoping everyone is being sorted and on the mend now! Your Card is Amazing your pencil work is just Fabulous! I have emailed Jeremiah Ketner before and he has lightened his lines on Images I have bought he is so helpful. I have worked out how to do it since so if thats what you need send me a message and I will find it. :) Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Linda, I'm a little in awe of this colouring! Okay, a LOT in awe!! Stunning hunny, utterly, utterly STUNNING!! There's no evidence whatsoever that you're having any trouble using these pencils. This creation is beyond beautiful. I agree, she looks like she belongs in the night! Her hair is exquisite and the way you coloured the background, well I just am a little lost for words (can you believe it?!) I hope Dan's tests went well and that's now all behind you. I know I left a message for you already about your daddy, but I can and do empathize so deeply about your daddy. We had terrible trouble with getting my daddy to hospital with the useless ambulance service in the area when he had his heart attack. We sadly lost him soon after he arrived in hospital. So I'm hoping your daddy is doing better now and got the care he needed when they finally did get to see him. Big hugs to you sweet pal, Wends xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx