Good morning all my lovely followers and readers and those popping by for a quick peek. a big welcome to my new followers too and thank you all of the wonderful people who have been leaving me such sweet comments lately, I do truly appreciate it.
So I'm here with my post for this week's challenge at Crafty Catz. This week it's the lovely and talented Naomi's turn to choose and she chose 'A Gift to Remember', so either a gift, or a card that represents gift giving in some form. I stepped completely out of my comfort zone and didn't make a card for once (gasp).
This is a scheduled post as I'll be hard at work when this goes live. Work has been hectic lately and I'll confess right away that I ran out of time on this project and got it done by the skin of my teeth and as such it isn't up to my usual standard, so I apologise for that, but the next one will be better I promise.
You'll see if you look closely at the photo that my cut envelope inserts are very rough around the edge, this is because my blade on my paper trimmer decided to go blunt right when I did not have the time to go and replace it! I won't repeat the varied mutters I was uttering in my crafty corner lol.
Anyhoo....I'd decided I would make a little file to keep recipies in for a friend of mine who loves to bake.
I'd looked up a few different tutorials on the net and decided that a lot looked very complicated and I didn't have a lot of time so I kind of gathered some of the best ideas and simplified them. This is how my finished project looks. We were provided with some images to use by our sponsor The Stamp Fairy and I used the one with the cake for this as I thought it was apporpriate.
This was made very simply from a piece of A4 white card, a strip from a 12 x 12 piece of designer paper, some envelopes, the image and a few embellies.
I've added some liquid applique to the cake for the icing, and a little glossy accents to the cherry.
A view from the side, you can see the envelopes here.
Here it's opened, those inserts were simply made from some old 6 x 6 envelopes I had left over, which a stuck closed and then trimmed to size to make the pockets (look at those awful raged edges....stupid trimmer blade....mutter mutter....methinks I may invest in a guilotine, that'll teach it!!)
The project was lots of fun to make and I may have to step out of my comfort zone a bit more often and experiment a bit as this was really pretty easy once I figured it out.
Do drop by the blog and have a look at my team mates efforts, they really are fabulous this week and we also have a couple of the Stamp Fairy DT joining us for this week too. Have a go and join in, there's a wonderful prize to be won.
Take care and I'll be back at the weekend with more to share if i survive the day at work lol! :) xxx