My Lovely Followers

Wednesday 26 April 2017

Friend you're the best

Hello!

I had a play with my MFT Blueprints 15 today to create a layered card with vellum.

I love adding vellum to my layers as it stops the card from looking too 'heavy', even with a few layers.

I white embossed a piece of 5.5 by 4.25 inch watercolour cardstock using the Wavy Colouring Book background stamp and then did some ink blending with my Distress Inks, I've listed colours and products at the end of my post.

Once dry I cut into the piece with the larger angled die from the set, giving me 2 pieces. I then cut a piece of heavyweight vellum with the largest die and layered that between my 2 inked pieces, covering the hole left in the base.

I added a die cut strip of cherry lustre cardstock to the side, white embossed a sentiment on a scrap of the vellum and cut that with the sentiment strip die.

I cut out my word once in cherry cardstock and several times in white and layered them together with adhesive and then lined the letters up above my sentiment strip.

Finally I finished with a few sequins.


Items used
Cold Pressed Watercolour Paper
Distress Inks - Antique Linen, Tattered Rose, Victorian Velvet, Aged Mahogany
Vellum
Smooth White Cardstock
White Detail Embossing Powder
Cherry Lustre Cardstock

5 comments:

  1. WOW, eine wunderschöne Karte, gefällt mir sehr gut
    glg Gertrude

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right........ that's it....... I think I'm going to have to buy that background stamp!! I've tried to hold off... but you keep showing such fabulous cards, that my resistance has been well and truly worn down. LOVE what you did here of course..... each of the elements go so well and look perfect together.

    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A really pretty design and that's such a fab idea to add a layer of vellum in between the coloured panels...it gives a lovely diffused effect to the bottom layer :-)
    Big hugs, Kat xx

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx