My Lovely Followers

Monday 20 November 2017

Whimsy Stamps/Lee Holland - Teddy Christmas

Hello!

I've been thinking about no line colouring a lot recently, experimenting with different colouring techniques is not something that I really get the time to do lately, but I have been wanting to try this out with my Zig Markers for some time.

However this technique was covered, using Copics (I have done the technique in Copics back when I used to colour with them), at the recent Whimsy Craft retreat, and although some of the steps didn't really work with Zig markers, I thought I would give it a go. Whilst the effect wasn't perfect (particularly as I did not have the right stamping ink with me!), it intrigued me enough to find some time to work on it at home. Due to time and work constraints, I had to do this in 2 separate sittings spaced some weeks apart, but I'm happy to say that I finally got it finished and on a card.

So this is Teddy Christmas, no lines water coloured with Zig Markers.


I used the following Zig Markers to colour him:

Turquoise Green, Persian Green, Pink, Dark Pink, Light Gray, Mid Gray and Dark Gray.

I fussy cut him out and popped him up on some foam tape on a card base made from Grout Gray cardstock with some pink gingham paper.

The Christmas is cut with an older discontinued Whimsy die from some pink glitter paper and the sentiment, stamped with Peacock Feathers Distress Oxide ink, is from the St Nicholas stamp set.

I finished off with a few enamel dots.

Teddy ChristmasSt. Nicholas*NEW Summer Breeze Enamel Dots

That's all from me today, thanks for dropping by!


2 comments:

  1. So pretty, love the colours and the cute image! Beautiful card!
    Valerija xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so very pretty card!
    hugs

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx