My Lovely Followers

Wednesday 20 September 2017

MFT Super Star Card Contest


Hello!

Life has been super busy and of course like all things, the stuff that you really want to do always occurs when you have virtually no time to do it.
So I was not surprised when the MFT 2017 Card Design Superstar contest cropped up right when I barely had time to draw a breath. With only 2 weeks to go before I jet to Orlando to teach at this year's Whimsy Stamps Craft Retreat, I'm in the middle of preparing all my kits and instructions, plus organising all the usual holiday stuff like travel insurance, currency etc. plus getting all my cards made and photographed for the October release countdown  which will happen right at the time I'm preparing to leave and whilst I'm over there. In addition I'm super busy at work and up to my ears in this years Health and Safety audit.

So whilst I have managed to scrape 2 cards together (by the skin of my teeth and very close to the wire, I don't consider them my best work. A shame indeed but time was against me and it is what it is.

So what did I get time for?

First off is my entry for the Clean and Simple Genius Category


I kept things simple...no surprise there being what the category is, concentrating on one off set image , coloured with zig watercolour markers and using some stenciling with distress inks to highlight it on my card. A simple sentiment stamped in black ink on the other side and a few snowy white gems radiating to give the impression of snow. I mounted my white layer on a lilac one for a little extra contrast.

I used the following MFT products.
Toasty Greetings Stamp Set (no longer availalbe)
Toasty Greetings Die-namics (no longer available)

Next is my entry for the Coloring Virtuoso Category


I love the cute animals from the Jungle Gym set and wanted to put them in front of a sunset. 
I made the sunset by blending Distress Inks in Seedless Preserves, Worn Lipstick, Abandoned Coral and Carved Pumpkin on some Strathmore Bristol Smooth paper.
I watercoloured my images with my Zig Markers, brush and water using the following colours:
Light Brown, Oatmeal, Dark Oatmeal, Dark Gray, Pale Pink, Light Violet, Purple, Bright Yellow, Orange, Gray Brown, Mid Green, Olive Green, Dark Brown, Deep Brown, stamping them on Strathmore Bristol Smooth also.
After adding my frame to my background and base card and arranging my imaged on foam tape, there wasn't too much room for a sentiment, so I went for a simple one from the Lovable Leopards Set embossed in white and cutting the banner down to size.

I used the following MFT products on my card:

(no longer available, so I linked the stitched version which is almost identical)


I didn't sadly get enough time to make anything for the Inovation Master Category, oh well there's always next year!

Thanks for visiting!

3 comments:

  1. I think they are both so cool! Love your coloring skills... :)
    Have a great day, Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, I just love both of your wonderful cards.
    Valerija xx

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx