My Lovely Followers

Thursday 14 September 2017

Altenew - Happy Retirement

Hello!

Recently a lovely lady in my department retired and I was asked to make a card for her.  I made it quite large as the whole department needed to sign it, so I made it 5 x 7 and added an insert so there was more space to write.

I used the Peony Bouquet stamp set from Altenew, stamping with Versamark ink and embossing with Altenew Crisp Pure White embossing powder. 


I coloured the flowers and leaves with my Zig Markers, using Yellow, Bright Yellow and Orange for the flowers and Light Green for the leaves.
I made an ink blended panel using Fossilized Amber and Abandoned Coral Distress Oxides and glued that to the centre of my card base, gluing a panel of vellum over the top to give a soft appearance.
I cut one MFT Snow Drifts Cover Up Die-namics in smooth white cardstock gluing it to the back of a white cardstock frame cut with MFT Pierced Frames Die-namics. 
I used my Gansai Tambi Starry Colors watercolours to splatter some small gold dots over this and then glued it on the front of my card, covering the edges of the vellum and blended panel.
I cut another piece of white cardstock with MFT Double Stitched Rectangles STAX and stamped a retirement sentiment in Versamark ink, from Whimsy Stamps Happy Sayings stamp set and embossed this with Altenew Crisp Embossing Power in Antique Gold.


I blended a scrap of watercolour paper with distress inks in yellows and oranges and then cut out the word HAPPY with MFT Happy Greetings Die-namics layering it up with another 2 cut from white cardstock and adhering it abover my stamped sentiment. I them glued the rectangle to the centre of my card.

I fussy cut all my flowers and leaves and arranged them around my card, adhering them with foam tape for some dimension.
To finish I added some gold enamel dots I made with Pale Gold Nuvo Drops, and some Crystal Clear sequins.

I hope you enjoyed my project today, I really enjoyed making it.

Thanks for dropping by!

2 comments:

  1. Ist wieder wunderschön geworden, gefällt mir sehr gut
    glg Gertrude

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Linda this is beautiful hun! LOVE those sunset colours and gorgeous white embossed roses. A stunning card hun. Hugs, Wends xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx