My Lovely Followers

Wednesday 26 July 2017

Paper Smooches GDT - Rainbow Dove Shaker Card


Hello!

Popping in super quickly today with another make as part of my Guest Spot over at Paper Smooches.

July is drawing to a close fast, but I still have 5 days and another 2 cards to share with you after this one.

So for today's card I used that fabulous Dove Die again, but this time I used just the outline part of the die cut around the aperture to make a shaker card.

Because I'm rainbow mad at the moment (I've obviously been overdoing the Skittles eating), and because the theme fits perfectly with the dove, I decide to do a rainbow blended background.


It's just some standard blending with Distress Inks (Wilted Violet, Blueprint Sketch, Cracked Pistachio,Twisted Citron, Fossilized Amber and Picked Raspberry) on some Tim Holtz watercolour paper. Then I added a few drops of water here and there and blotted, and spritzed with some glimmer mist. Finally when dry I added some spots of white paint.

I cut the shape with a rounded rectangle die, the aperture with the dove die, added some acetate behind filled around with foam tape and added a mix of coloured sequins and a piece of white card to seal them in.
I stuck the whole thing to a card base made from bright pink cardstock and added the white dove outline, cut with the same die glued on top of the acetate.

I cut out the word hope with the hope die from Religious Words 2, several times in white cardstock and layered them together to make my word more dimensional and glued it in place beneath my shaker element. 

To finish up I added a few sparkling clear sequins.
I hope you like it.

I've had several enquiries about selling my CAS cards, so I've finally started listing them on my Etsy store, but it will take me quite some time to get them all listed, so bear with me!

Thanks for visiting!




4 comments:

  1. Fantastic card Linda! Wonderful background and I love the dies you used.
    Valerija xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is fabulous Linda. Love the inked background and your dove with the sequins is gorgeous.
    Hope you are well.
    Hugs Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that pop of rainbow colour is delish! Love the beautiful ink work and that clever and lovely dove shaker window. What a fabulous design! Hugs, Wends xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx