My Lovely Followers

Saturday 24 June 2017

Fairy Happy Lilac

Hello!

I made another card using the super sweet Fairy Happy stamp set from My Favorite Things, (MFT Stamps).

I kept this really simple, colouring up the fairy with my Zig markers to match my papers. I decided to give her purple hair because....well why not? Her wings do have a lovely sparkle from Wink of Stella, but as per it doesn't show up well in the photo. I do still use my distress markers to colour skin, as I'm not so keen on the colours of the zig markers that I have for that.

I stenciled a very soft background with Shaded Lilac and Cracked Pistachio distress inks, using my Giraffe Stencil to give the appearance of an old stone wall, then adhered it directly to my cardbase, which was made from Wild Wisteria cardstock trimmed to a vertical A2 size.  I cut out 2 of the medium size Pierced Rectangle Frame, from patterned paper and plain cardstock, mounting them on foam tape for dimension and offsetting the green one behind the lilac for interest.


I stamped the sentiment, which is also from the set, in Grape Jelly Premium Dye Ink, I should have used my MISTI for this but I forgot to add it before I glued on all my elements lol, so I had to do it by hand and eyeball it.

I stamped a couple of the flowers from the set and coloured those with my Zigs also and cut them and my fairy out with the coordinating dies, then I mounted them in my frames with some foam tape.

Finally I added a few sequins to finish.

I hope you like my card for today, thank you so much for visiting!


2 comments:

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx