My Lovely Followers

Monday 22 May 2017

CASE a card Monday - Unforgettable


Morning!

My CASEd card today takes it's inspiration from one by Francine Villeume, who was my Saturday Spotlight post. You can find that post here if you missed it.

Not sure how to CASE a card?

Well here are some suggestions:

Just match the color combo.
Change the theme/sentiment.
Flip it horizontally.
Match how they used an embellishment.
Try the technique they taught.
Use their card as a “sketch” to start with.

So what I did for my card was, I used the basic layout , and techniques.

The differences?

Obviously the stamp used is a different one, the colour combination is different, I added a couple of layers to my base card because I'm not a whizz at the single (or mostly single), layer cards like Francine is, I used larger water droplets and small flicks of white acrylic paint on my ink blended background, and more enamel dots, arranged differently.

I've included a picture of Francine's card at the end of my post, so you can see the differences and the similarities.


Items Used:
MFT Smooth White Cardstock
Tim Holtz Watercolor Cardstock
Strathmore Bristol Smooth Cardstock
Zig Clean Color Real Brush Pens - Light Violet, Violet
Adorable Elephants Stamp Set
MFT Adorable Elephants Die-namics
MFT Blueprints 20
MFT Cozy & Calm Chevron 6 x 6 Paper Pad
MFT Razzle Berry Premium Dye Ink
MFT Grape Jelly Premium Dye Ink
MFT Plaid Patterns 6 x 6 Paper Pad
Enamel Dots from stash

This is Francine's original card

Card by Francine (www.1001cartes.ch) card, cards, karte, carte, carterie, cardmaking, cardmaker,  crafts, papercrafts, handmade, diy, stamping, #1001cartes, mftstamps, #mftstamps, birdie brown:

That's it from me today, but join me tomorrow for another technique Tuesday.

Thanks for visiting!

6 comments:

  1. I can't see your photo of the card you made. I do, however, see the CAS one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Patty, I don't know why you can't see it, it's working fine for me viewing it on my PC xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't see your card either Linda! All that is showing is the photo of Francine's card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Christine, I don't know why the picture isn't showing for you or Patty. I've viewed the page on both my home and work computer and on my iPad and phone, on Chrome, IE and Safari and I can see it perfectly on all of them xx

      Delete
    2. Linda, just popped in to check if the pic of your card is showing up and it is now! I think I actually prefer your card more!

      Delete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx