My Lovely Followers

Friday 24 March 2017

Thank You for Everything

Hello!

I'm popping in with something that was a little bit of an experiment for me. I wanted to see how the metallic colours in my Gansai Tambi watercolours would look on black cardstock. whether they would be too wishy washy or whether they would stand out nicely.


So first of all I took a piece of plain black cardstock and inked up my 
stamp with Versamark ink. I used my anti-static tool on my cardstock and then before placing it on the stamp and rubbing over firmly, holding it in place with my other hand, and then lifting off.

I sprinkled on some white embossing powder and heated until set and raised.
Then I set to work with my metallic paints. I decided to use all 3 that come in the set of 36 colours, this gives you a gold colour, a copper colour and a silvery white colour.
I just painted the large blooms, trying to spread the 3 colours fairly evenly around the design.

Once finished I put it aside to dry while I worked on the rest of the card.
I took the wafer thin You die from Simon Says Stamp and cut it out 4 times from white cardstock. For the top layer I sponged it with versamark ink and then used gold embossing powder to make it gold and shiny, I layered all the die cut pieces on top of each other, using the gold one as the top layer.

Then I stamped a sentiment from the coordinating stamp set in versamark ink on a strip of vellum and embossed that with the same gold embossing powder. 

I cut my stamped cardstock to size and  wrapped the vellum strip around it and then glued the 'You' on top.

Finally I adhered adhered the whole thing onto a white cardbase, popping it up with some craft foam and embellished with a few sequins in gold, silver and clear.


I couldn't really achieve any shading on the petals as I had to use a fairly thick coat to cover the black, but I really like how it turned out and I think it would work well for many different cards, but especially those difficult sympathy cards.

I've added links for some of the products below.

Gansai Tambi Watercolours 
MFT Floral Fantasy Background Stamp
SSS 'You' Wafer Thin Die
SSS You Matter Clear Stamp Set

Thanks for visiting!

8 comments:

  1. Wunderschöne Karte, du hast alles so schön in Szene gesetzt
    glg Gertrude

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing how stunning this card looks! Love the technique that was used here. I also have the Gansai Tambi watercolors but currently I only dream to start doing anything with them :))

    Hugs,
    Alexandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an elegant card Linda. The white embossing and Gansai Tambi paints look fabulous!
    Hugs
    Gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this card really pops. You did an excellent job. Love the metalics against the black.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now you've done it!! I've been trying very hard not to buy those Gansai metallic paints... and then you go and show me this fabulous creation........ Hmmmmmmmmmf!!! Now I GOTTA go get them!!

    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Christine. If it's just the metallics you want I'd suggest getting this set https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Toys-Games/Kuretake-Gansai-Starry-Colors-Metallic-Watercolour-Paints/B01H75AFHS/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1490701357&sr=8-4&keywords=gansai+tambi as you just get 6 paints and they're all lovely metallic colours :) xx

      Delete
  6. I really love this card and have those on my wish list. Beautiful inspiration! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx