My Lovely Followers

Tuesday 14 February 2017

Technique Tuesday #9 Vellum Shaker

Hello!

I hope you all had a good weekend and started your week well. I'm back to work this week sadly, but I did put in a fair bit of crafting time when I was off, so I have a few projects in my draft folder now.

As it's Valentine's Day, for my card today I've made quite a modern looking wedding card, quite a departure from my normal vintage, shabby chic wedding makes, but I made up for it by using a few techniques to make it something a bit special.

So first of all I took a 4 x 5.25 piece of vellum and stamped a pattern in Versamark Ink with the Doodle Circle background stamp from Simon says Stamp. 

I then used my gold embossing powder to heat emboss this. I need some new gold embossing powder, because I've had this a while and there's not a lot left and also it's starting to 'clump' a little which is starting to affect my results, making them not quite as crisp as I like.
I set my piece of vellum aside to cool and took a chipboard sentiment and covered that with versamark and gold embossing powder and then heated until it was melted and shiny.

I then cut out a medium circle and a frame in white cardstock. I adhered the vellum to the back side of the frame and put foam tape all around the edges. Then I filled my 'window' with a mix of gold, silver, white and clear sequins and adhered some plain white card to the back.

I glued my chipboard sentiment to my card circle and the shaker window to the top folding card base. Then I glued the circle to the centre of the vellum and added a few sequins for a little bling.

I think this looks quite classy in white and gold and it really has a retro feel about it, what do you 
think?

Items Used
Plain white cardstock from Papermill Direct
Vellum
Versamark Ink
Gold Embossing Powder
Chipboard Sentiment
Glue and Foam Tape


Thanks for popping by!

4 comments:

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx