My Lovely Followers

Tuesday 21 February 2017

Technique Tuesday #10. Emboss resist, gradient, negative die-cut shaker

Hello!

I'm running a little late with my Technique Tuesday today as work has been a bit mad this week, but to make up for it this card uses several techniques.

Firstly we have some emboss resist going on, with white embossing on some watercolour card.
Then I did some soft gradient ink blending with distress inks. I used a combination of purple shades here.

After wiping my embossed and blended piece with a paper towel to really make that white pop, I ran it through my die cutting maching with this large Hugs word die, (I'm a little in love with this and word dies in general lately), for some negative die cutting. Then I added a little acetate, foam tape and sequins to turn it into a shaker card. I finished the card with a chipboard word from Make it Crafty, coloured up with some inks to match my theme.

Here's the finished card, and I've listed all my items, along with links where I have them.


Smooth White Cardstock
Tim Holtz Watercolour Card
Versamark Ink
High Detail White Embossing Powder
Distress Inks
MFT Floral Fantasy Background Stamp
MFT Die-namics Big Hugs
Make it Crafty Chipboard Word - Birthday

Before I go I just have to say that I was totally chuffed that yesterdays card was featured today on My Favourite Things blog in their You've Been Spotted feature.

You can see it here. How exciting is that?!

Right, I'm off to make dinner, the other half is on nights today, so it's just me tonight getting some crafty on.

Thanks for dropping by!

2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Linda.... a very classy card! And now you've made me pop the HUGS die in my shopping basket!

    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda, this is gorgeous! I love the shaker aspect with the large word die, so clever and fun!! The colour graduation with the purples is beautiful and the MIC woodchip word finishes this pretty card perfectly. Whoop whoop on the 'MFT spotlight!' You so totally deserve that. Yay you!! Big hugs, Wends xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx