My Lovely Followers

Wednesday 12 October 2016

Whimsy Stamps October Release - Wee Stamps - Winter Wonder


Hello!

Do you ever feel like you're a pendulum? You're swinging waaaaaay over there and just as you think you've reached your destination......whooosh, over the other way you go.

My month is a bit like that. After returning from the Whimsy Craft retreat on a high, and recovering from the jet lag, my Dad was once again taken into hospital. Monday night I got a call that he wasn't going to get any better and they were withdrawing treatment, just keeping him as comfortable as possible. I'm readying myself for the call to go down there. Then yesterday he seemed to rally a bit (apparently this is quite common), so I feel like I'm being put through an emotional wringer currently, and on top of everything I seem to have pulled something  or trapped a nerve in my lower back and I'm in agony. 
So I'm at home today rather than in work, trying to pull myself together a bit. Luckily for me I'd already made my stuff for the new release, so that was one less thing to think about. Soooooooo......

Whimsy Stamps October Release

You are going to want need some of these...maybe all....they are so many mouthwatering goodies on offer.

I almost couldn't decide what to colour up first, but as you know I am a huge fan of Sylvia Zet's work and this new stamp from her for Whimsy's Wee Stamps Collection was just so adorable and perfect for Christmas. I don't know about you but I still have a heap of Christmas cards to make. Am I in any way ready for Christmas? I am not.

This is called Winter Wonder.


I've gone for my usual slightly vintage and shabby chic style here, but I've kept things reasonably pared down as I want the focus to be on the sweet image.

I've stamped onto Langton HP water colour paper with Versafine ink in Onyx Black and then coloured with my Distress Ink markers.

Colours Used:

Vintage Photo, Antique Linen, Brushed Corduroy, Frayed Burlap, Walnut Stain, Faded Jeans, Tumbled Glass, Worn Lipstick, Scattered Straw, Hickory Smoke, Pine Needles Festive Berries.

I ummed and ahhed about colouring in a night sky, but in the end I decided I wanted to keep the image a little lighter, so I didn't.
I added some Glamour Dust to the fur trim for some sparkle and cut out the image with a postage stamp frame die from MFT.

I used some Kasiercraft Paper, Silver Bells, from my stash and edged all my papers with Walnut Stain DI. I finished with some well placed embellishments and a couple of peal swirls from my stash to look a bit like swirls of snow.

If you're in the UK or Europe, the flowers, cheesecloth, ribbon and lace are all from The Ribbon Girl and the stamp and postage stamp die can be purchased from Tracy at Dies to Die for.

That's all from me today, but I'll be back tomorrow with more lushness from the new release, in the meantime you can catch up with all the gorgeous makes from my fabulous team mates in the
Whimsy Stamps and Inspiration Group
on Facebook and you can see all the goodies on our blog

.


7 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card Linda. Love the cute image and your fantastic colouring.
    Valerija xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an adorable card Linda! She is gorgeous and as always beautifully coloured and embellished. I am sorry to hear about your Dad. I hope you recover quickly from your back injury.
    Hugs
    Gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing!! Love the image and the postage stamp layer! All your colours are always a delight for the eyes! That pink bow is just a sweetie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so pretty card!
    love it!
    lots of hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautifully sweet card, Linda! I'm sorry to hear about your Dad and hope that he remains comfortable. I hope you feel better as well--sometimes stress can cause muscle spasms.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh hun, I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. :(
    I hope you will get better soon too! It's great you had some cards done in advance. This one sure is a beauty! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is very sweet and your card as always is adorable.
    I'm so sorry to hear about your dad, sending you strength and comfort for the coming days.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx