My Lovely Followers

Saturday 28 November 2015

Kaisercraft Time Machine - Memory Book/Mini Album

Hi everyone, just popping in to share a little something with you I made recently for a favourite work colleague who's just retired.

I do apologise in advance for the quality of the pictures, I did want to take proper pictures and a video of the finished item, but it was very difficult to get it all together in time with people contributing messages and stuff who were spread out over 2 completely separate hospital sites on both sides of the city. So I ended up having to take photographs in situ after it was gifted to the recipient, and obviously that means no video and the photos are not the best and have stuff in the background!  But I hope you can get an idea of what the completed project looked like. I didn't get pics of every page because I just took a few super quick shots, but it should give you an idea


Now as my regular followers will already know, I hate making male orientated stuf...like with a vengance...BUT, because I found this wonderful paper from Kaisercraft called Time Machine, and went almost a little bit steampunk, I really got into making this.



You'll have to forgive the background, as I said I had to take it in a place of work, and had to choose somewhere there was plenty of light! I used a combination of die cut gears, using  La-La Land Crafts Steampunk Heart Cogs and  Cheery Lyn gears which sadly aren't available any more. I also used some Tim Holtz metal gears and sprokets and some little screw heads from Prima.


I used a La-La Land Crafts  Steampunk Border to edge my pockets and I used some gold ink and some Aged Aqua Frantage on them for interest and to make them look a bit like they had a touch of verdigris. I also used this on the die cuts on the front cover.

The inside front cover has a flip out section with magnets and lots of fold outs for pictures and journaling, I used more of the screw heads to decorate and these fabulous wing nut heads, also from Prima as handles


This pic shows one of the pages opened out.

I hope you liked my memory book, it was very well received and I really enjoyed making it, I'm just sorry I ran out of time to make a video. I do have another couple of mini albums on the go currently though, so I should have a video to share with you in the coming weeks.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend! :) xx

9 comments:

  1. Linda, the paper is really gorgeous and I've recently made an album with it myself too. I just love your design here. The cover looks fantastic and the spine is very interesting. Looking forward to seeing more of your albums.

    Hugs,
    Alexandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a darling project. You are so talented. I wish I could have seen the face of the recipient.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful mini album
    great papers
    have a nice day
    >^.^<

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, WOW, WOW, Linda this is my all time favourite! I bet the recipient loved it, I know I would treasure it, if I was give something like this!
    Hugs
    Gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Linda, your album is amazing. I love the embossing powders you used on the Gears. Those dies are definitely still available from Cheery Lynn, http://www.cheerylynndesigns.com/gears-set-of-9-b340/ and they have another set http://www.cheerylynndesigns.com/products/gears-steampunk.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sandy, I should have said they were no longer available from the place I bought them, rather than no longer made. Thanks for the links for anyone interested in using the same gears, much appreciated :) xx

      Delete
  6. Your mini albums always leave me with a jaw on the floor, because they are amazing. And this one is no different. You did a fab job with it and I'm sure your (ex) co-worker loved it.
    Hugs! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Loooove this Stunning Project. I am so glad they loved it!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx