My Lovely Followers

Tuesday 21 April 2015

Zoe in Paris, Shaped Cards at Deep Ocean Challenge

Good evening (insert correct greeting for time zone here), it's time for a new challenge over at 
and for this fortnight the theme is

Shaped Cards

You can use any image (or no image at all) but it must be a card and it must be shaped (so no squares or rectangles and yes I know they're a shape but we're looking for a shape that's different from the standard).

Now anyone who has been following me for a while will know that this is not a hard theme for me.  I do love a shaped card, in fact I think I must make shaped cards more than square even. So to give myself a bit of an extra challenge, I decided to make another easel card. My friend and team mate Jenny makes the most amazing easel cards as does another friend from another DT Gina , but they are not something I make a lot of, partly because of the extra time involved, but I do love them.

I decided to colour up Zoe, from Saturated Canary, with distress inks to match these gorgeous papers that came in my Dies to Die for DT pack.  I have had to restrain myself from buying a pad of these simply because I have so much paper and so little space lol, but honestly I'm not sure how long I'll be able to resist, they are sooooo pretty and so versatile!


Instead of putting the usual tag or label shape in the middle to old the 'easel' back, I decided to carry on the photography theme on the front to the inside and used these die cuts at the sides to lock the card behind, I'm quite pleased with how it came out.


Zoe is such a gorgeous image,  this digi cames in a pack of 5 and they are all gorgeous!  I blew her up reasonably large and cropped her, then once she was coloured in I fussy cut her and placed her so she looks like she is about to step out of a photo.  The polaroid die and all the accessory dies came from the .....La-La Land Club Kit. It's no longer available but this set of dies from the November 2014 kit,  should be released sometime after November 2015, so look out for them! The love die is also from La-La Land but not part of a club kit, so you can get that now, it come as part of a set with the Hanging Hearts Dies.


This is a view of what the card looks like when it's closed.
A few close ups for you.

I used the following products
from Saturated canary

Spring Pack - 5 Digitals

 from Dies to Die for

Dovecraft Sweet Paris 6 x 6 Pad
La-La Land Hanging Hearts and Love Word 

 from The Ribbon Girl

9 mm Rose Pink Velvet Ribbon
38 mm Phoebe White Guipure Lace
Pretty Blossom Pink
Sweetheart Blossom White
Tulip Flower Baby Pink
Tulip Flower White
Hip Rose Bud Pale Pink
Chrysanth White Kort & Godt

This card is for sale in my Etsy store

This card is now sold.

ETSY

I've entered this card into the following challenge:

Chocolate, Coffee and Cards - Use a Die Cut
Crafty Catz - It's a Girl Thing


That's it from me today, don't forget to visit the rest of the team, they've made some truly stunning cards, and do join in with our challenge, we can't wait to see what you make!

Happy crafting! :) xx

10 comments:

  1. Wow she is just hopping out of that photo looooove it. Layers and colouring are Awesome as usual and love your shape on your Easle Card just Stunning. The camera and Film strip great idea for a stopper. Thanks for liking my Easle cards too lots of Hugs Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how gorgeous this is, Linda! I've never made an easel card. Love the pretty stamp image.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW hunnie! Once again you've pulled in a stunner!
    Your colouring is gorgeous as always and I agree, I'm not one for easel cards or shaped cards but you have totally rocked this design x
    love love love it
    hugs
    Sandie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. stunning, i love how dimentional the card is <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. fabulous card Linda, love all the colours and details - fab embellies!
    Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card! Love all the embellishments you've used. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is absolutely stunning!! Love how you have incorporated the dies and your colouring is gorgeous! Thank you for giving me a mention too!
    Hugs
    Gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cad is stunning! I love the details all of the layers here. Thank you for joining our challenge at Chocolate, Coffee & Cards Challenges.
    ~ Bonnie (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely beautiful! I was so looking forward to seeing your creation because your shaped cards are always fab and this one is no exception. Such a stunning and unique design!
    Rebecca.
    x

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx