My Lovely Followers

Wednesday 23 July 2014

I Do

Evening everyone, my goodness it's so warm here, I get in from work and I literally just flake out.  I have a lot of crafting I need to get done, but it's so hard to find the motivation in this heat and humidity.

Even so I managed to finish a (very rare for me to take on) commission for a wedding card.
I used Lili of the Valley's 'I Do', such a sweet image and perfect for my kind of vintage style card.


I coloured it with Distress Inks and finished off with some Glamour Dust and liquid pearls. 

Papers are Pion Design, From the Heart II. I used the new La-La Land Crafts Lattice Doily Border behind the image LOVE this die so much. You'll be able to get it at Dies to Die for soon. I popped a couple of the La-La Land Heart Doily die cuts at the top of my card. All my papers and die cuts are edged with Tea Dye Distress Ink, and papers have been distressed with a Tim Holtz tool and as always I have hand sewn them with Top Stitch thread.



I added some flowers cut with a Magnolia Die, I can't remember the name of this one at the moment, I've had it ages, and popped some flat back pearls from The Ribbon Girl in the centres. The lace which I've almost hidden is also from The Ribbon Girl.


I stamped a sentiment from Impression Obsession's Life Stuff sentiment set on the centre piece from the Heart Doily and added some more flat back pearls.
The beautiful  ribbon is Fluted Edge Sheer in Vintage Ivory from The Ribbon Girls and the gorgeous embellishment in the centre of the bow is from The Handcrafted Card Company.


I decorated the inside fairly simply with a sheet from the same collection, this has plenty of space to write a personal message to the special couple. The shape of the card is made with a Martha Stewart PAtP punch set.


I was so happy with the way this came out that I decorated the box I made for it too!

I do hope you like it and I hope the recipients enjoy it, that's all from me folks.  Don't forget I have candy on my blog that's up for grabs. Thank you all so much for visiting and leaving such lovely comments lately,  I have been a bit remiss about leaving comments recently as I've been snowed under with stuff to complete, but I will try and find some time to leave some love soon.

Take care! : ) x x

9 comments:

  1. So beautiful and the happy couple will be blown away!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is very beautiful, a stunning card.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! This takes my breath away Linda, it's totally stunning. I love everything, gorgeous image, beautiful papers and full of wonderful detailing. I am sure this will be treasured by the lucky recipients.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what you mean, Linda, it's not comfortable sweating on your creation LOL Believe me, I'm in the same train now!
    I DO love your card, these layers are so perfectly fitted and the new dies are beautiful. Have a nice day (not so hot maybe).
    Hugs,
    Anna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is stunning Linda! Love the image and colour combo!! and your colouring is beautiful! This card will be treasured! I know what you mean about loss of motivation, I am the same, I haven't crafted all week.
    Hugs
    Gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is utterly divine! I love the soft colours and pretty pearl details and of course that image is just adorable :-)

    Hugs, Kat x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Linda, I don't leave comments very often as I never know what to say, but when I seen this car I was just gobsmacked, it is absolutely stunning! Thankyou for sharing this :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautiful vintage wedding card!
    Rebecca.

    ReplyDelete
  9. STUNNING! Love the lots of white on white effect and just a hint of colour! I am sure the Happy Couple will Looooooove this one!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx